Shared Interest Communities
WKU Shared Interest Communities are designed to bring students together who have common academic, social and extracurricular interests. Students can create groups that are purely social or that perform community service projects. Student Interest Communities are completely student driven and are monetarily supported by WKU Housing & Residence Life.
Do you want to create a Shared Interest Community?
Residents who live in the same residence hall can apply to create a Shared Interest Community by applying for funds from the Coordinator for Housing & Residence Life through on online form. The Shared Interest Community will have to meet all of the below criteria in order to receive funding. The community director must meet with the HRL Coordinator regularly to talk about goals and requirements of the Shared Interest Community.
- Create a purpose statement. This statement needs to outline the reasons for the Shared Interest Community existence.
- Each Shared Interest Community must have a Community Director. This student will be the main contact for the Community.
- All Shared Interest Communities must abide by WKU and Housing & Residence Life's policies, rules and regulations.
- Each Shared Interest Community will be able to ask for monetary funding for events and activities.
- Each Shared Interest Community member will have the opportunity to attend any Living Learning Community event.
Contact:Minnette Ellis Coordinator for WKU Housing & Residence Life Email: email@example.com Phone: (270) 745-4359
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,