Move In Guide
Congratulations on your decision to attend WKU! We know this is a very exciting, yet stressful time in your life as you begin preparing for your move on campus. We are here to help!
Before you move into a residence hall, you need to submit a housing agreement. If you have not applied for housing yet, you can do so now.
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan Move In
Monday, August 19 & Tuesday, August 20, 2019.*
Participants will be required to sign up for a move in timeslot on the Housing Portal.
*Dates subject to change
Fall Semester Move In
The residence halls open for the fall semester on
Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 8 AM
Students may move in anytime; please check in to your residence hall before 11:59 pm, Monday, August 26, 2019.
Early Move In
If you are participating in a program that requires early move in, please refer to the directions given to you by your program leaders.
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan Check In
- Check in at the Carroll Knicely Conference Center at your assigned move in timeslot to receive your room key and M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan
Carroll Knicely Conference Center | 2355 Nashville Road, Bowling Green, KY 42101 - View Directions
- Proceed to the designated unloading zone for your residence hall.
- Allow our volunteers to help you move in.
- Immediately relocate your vehicle(s) after unloading to designated parking.
Fall Semester Check In
- Go directly to your residence hall to check in. The front desk will give you your room key. Please bring your WKU ID card.
- Unload your vehicle in the metered parking areas and move items to your residence hall room.
- Immediately relocate your vehicle(s) away from the building to allow for others to move in.
Limited carts are available. Please bring a cart or dollie with you to expediate the move in process.
Your residence hall room will soon become your "home away from home" and we want you to bring whatever items you will need to make it comfortable. Below is a list of suggested items to get you started:
Bed Linens (XL Twin)
Blanket / Comforter
Towels & Washcloths
Stamps and Envelopes
First Aid Kit
Broom and Dustpan
Television (View TV Compatibility)
Blu-Ray or DVD Player
Refrigerator (5 cubic feet or less)
Microwave (1,000 watts or less)
Photos of friends and family
Pets (Fish are Permitted)
Wall and Ceiling Stickers