WKU provides Student Technology Centers (general usage computer labs for all students) at five locations on the main campus. There is also one Student Technology Center (STC) at each regional campus location. STC labs are equipped with the latest hardware, software, scanners, and laser printing. STC labs are restricted for the use of current WKU students, faculty, and staff. NetID credentials are used for logging into lab computers.
The Student Technology Centers have taken steps to ensure patron safety as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Masks are mandatory to enter the Student Technology Centers as defined within the WKU Restart Plan.
- All STCs will have a capacity limit to promote social distancing. You may be asked to wait outside a Student Technology Center until capacity levels allow for more entrants.
- Available computers are placed six-feet apart.
- Crowd control devices and floor signage are displayed in each STC to designate safe social distancing within the lab and at print release stations.
- Patrons may obtain sanitized keyboards and mice at specified consultant areas to use at computer stations. We require each patron to return the keyboard and mice to the designated consultant for cleaning purposes.
General Lab Assistance
Lab Consultants are available to answer questions about lab equipment and printing, as well as troubleshoot technical problems. They are not allowed to help with homework assignments or answer questions about other software not on Student Technology Center computers.
B/W laser printing is free, up to the amount of your printing allocation for each year.
Color printing is available in Cravens and JRH 145 labs. It costs $0.50 cents per page. Print jobs can be paid for with Big Red Dollars or computer lab printing balance. Balances can be refilled at the ID Center or online through TopNet.
(Important Note: Big Red Dollars processed through TopNet are reflected next business day.)
Wireless printing from your laptop (PC and Mac) or mobile device is available in all Student Technology Centers.
Scanners are available at each STC Lab. Work stations with scanners are reserved for scanning use only.
Each STC is equipped with ADA compliant work stations. Specialized software such as JAWS and Read & Write Gold are available. When necessary, patrons will be asked to relocate so that the ADA work station may be used by patrons who need to use it.
Mac computers are available for use in the JRH 145 and the Commons at Cravens labs.
|Cherry Hall 127||16|
|Cravens Library 4th Floor||15||1|
|Grise Hall 335||26|
|Jody Richards Hall 145||50||5|
|Snell Hall 1104||18|