Student Technology Center Lab Policies
- Only current WKU Students, Faculty, and Staff are allowed in the Student Technology Centers
- All users are required to sign in using their own username and password.
- All users are required to provide WKU ID when asked by computer lab staff.
- Individuals taking part in inappropriate or disruptive behavior in a Student Technology Center (such as cell phone usage, listening to loud music, unsupervised/disruptive children and others) may be asked to discontinue such actions or leave the lab.
- Viewing materials that create a hostile work environment will not be permitted (Pornography, etc). Sending electronic mail that is obscene, abusive, threatening, or harassing is not allowed.
- Patrons are asked to only use the computers with special equipment (such as scanners or ADA computers) if use of these services are needed.
- No one except authorized personnel is to move, disconnect, or repair any of the equipment.
- No webcams, microphones, or anything that can potentially cause lab disruption is permitted unless approved by the Lab Manager beforehand. Headphones are permitted as long as the noise is kept at a low level.
- Only authorized personnel are allowed in the lab consultant area of the Jody Richards STC. All other lab locations operate in an unstaffed configuration.
- Technical Support Services management have the authority to close any lab, staffed or unmanned, at their discretion due to situations that are beyond their control. Examples include inclement weather, excessive heat, building or lab renovations, upgrade or maintenance, or any situation that would deem a lab be closed by Technical Support Services.
- Lab Consultants are responsible for the lab operations during the absence of the Technology Center Supervisor. They have the right to enforce all lab rules and policies and to contact appropriate personnel to assist when needed.
- Abusive conduct toward Lab Consultants by a lab patron or faculty member is prohibited and will not be tolerated! Complaints should be directed to the Technology Center Supervisor, Assistant Director of Technical Support Services, or the Senior Director of TSS.
- We do not refund money from the vending machines.
These policies are subject to change as warranted by Information Technology Services.