New Employee Technology Guide
Get Started with Information Technology Services at WKU
Welcome to WKU
Information Technology Services is excited to support you in your new position! We are here for you every step of the way. Below, is our guide to getting started with technology at WKU. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at anytime during your time at WKU.
- NetID (created upon receiving an active status from Human Resources) is your login to email, myWKU, TopNet, Blackboard, MyStuff, computer labs, WKU wireless, and more.
- WKU ITS will NEVER ask for your passwords.
- WKU uses Duo for multi-factor authentication (MFA) on key IT systems. Every employee is required to enroll in Duo.
- Official WKU email account (Exchange) used for Administrative and Academic communications.
- Part-time Staff have to request an email account be created for them. Full-time Staff, Full-time Faculty, and Part-time Faculty automatically get their email account created.
- Faculty and Staff are automatically added to the Faculty-All@wku.edu and Staff-All@wku.edu mailing lists respectively. Official University business is communicated through these mailing lists. The lists are not intended for threaded discussions, advertisements, or event announcements. Employees may not opt out or unsubscribe.
- Educate yourself about Phishing scams.
- Wi-Fi is available across all WKU campuses.
- Desk phones are located in some offices. If your office has assigned a phone to you submit a request/ticket to set it up and configure voicemail.
- iWKU features maps, bus schedules, lab traffic, WKU news, WKU directory, event schedule, and more.
- Microsoft Office is free for current WKU employees.
- Apple and Dell hardware and Adobe Creative Cloud discounts.
- Cellular discount of 17% with AT&T and 18% with Sprint.
- TopperTech provides free equipment reservations.
- Everyone at WKU is required to practice safe computing. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action or place you or others at risk.
- NEVER share your WKU passwords. Sharing your WKU passwords breaks WKU policy.
- You are highly encouraged to attend ITS Orientation where you will learn all about your WKU accounts, equipment, available services, and the support the WKU ITS provides.