New Employee Technology Guide
Get Started with Information Technology Services at WKU
Welcome to WKU
Information Technology Services is excited to support you in your new position! We are here for you every step of the way. Below, is our guide to getting started with technology at WKU. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at anytime during your time at WKU.
- NetID (created upon receiving an active status from Human Resources) is your login to email, myWKU, TopNet, Blackboard, MyStuff, computer labs, WKU wireless, and more.
- WKU ITS employees will NEVER ask for your passwords.
- WKU uses Duo for multi-factor authentication (MFA) on key IT systems. Every employee is required to enroll in Duo.
- Official WKU email account (Exchange) used for Administrative and Academic communications.
- Part-time Staff have to request an email account be created for them. Full-time Staff, Full-time Faculty, and Part-time Faculty automatically get their email account created.
- Faculty and Staff are automatically added to the Faculty-All@wku.edu and Staff-All@wku.edu mailing lists respectively. Official University business is communicated through these mailing lists. The lists are not intended for threaded discussions, advertisements, or event announcements. Employees may not opt out or unsubscribe.
- Educate yourself about Phishing scams.
Get StartedAbout Phishing ScamsRequest Part-Time Email
- Wi-Fi is available across all WKU campuses.
One stop access to WKU systems including TopNet, Email, Blackboard, Banner, ITS Service Desk, and more.
Learning management system for WKU. All instructors utilizing Blackboard must complete New Instructor Training.
Enter final grades, payroll information, employee information, sign up for emergency notifications.
WKU individual and shared file storage space for academic use. Files can be accessed online anywhere, anytime.
- Desk phones are located in some offices. If your office has assigned a phone to you submit a request/ticket to set it up and configure voicemail.
- Active Directory groups provide directory services, network file, print services, and identity management. If your office does not know what group(s) you need to be added to, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
Request AccessFile Sharing Information
- iWKU features maps, bus schedules, WKU news, WKU directory, event schedule, and more.
- Microsoft Office is free for current WKU employees.
- Apple and Dell hardware and Adobe Creative Cloud discounts.
- Cellular discount of 17% with AT&T and 18% with Sprint.
- TopperTech provides free laptop reservations.
- Latest information and system alerts are posted to our offical Twitter account, @wkuITS.
- Everyone at WKU is required to practice safe computing. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action or place you or others at risk.
- NEVER share your WKU passwords. Sharing your WKU passwords breaks WKU policy.
- You are highly encouraged to attend ITS Orientation where you will learn all about your WKU accounts, equipment, available services, and the support the WKU ITS provides.
The WKU ITS Service Desk is here to help. Give us a call, chat with a representative online, use the Self-Help Knowledge Base and more.
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.