Quick Start Guide for Employees
WKU Technology Accounts
- NetID is your login to myWKU (Portal), TopNet, Blackboard, MyStuff, computer labs, WKU InfoView, wireless, and more.
- Look up NetID and set initial password at Manage My WKU Accounts.
- Keep your login information secure!
- One Stop access to applications including TopNet, Banner, WKU InfoView, Blackboard, ITS Service Desk, and more.
- Record keeping system for academic and administrative information.
- Employee Banner account access will be assigned after training.
- Secure gateway to administrative and academic information related to registration, teaching, advising, finance, personal employee records, and more.
Email & Calendar
- Administrative and academic communication and scheduling system.
- Web-based reporting tool available to faculty and staff.
- Provides the ability to schedule, view, print, and export business intelligence reports.
IT Policies and Safe Computing
- Everyone at WKU is required to practice safe computing.
- Read, understand, and follow ITS Policies.
WKU File Shares
- Access network file storage using MyStuff on or off campus.
- P: drive is the individual, WKU-related storage and cannot be shared.
- S: and U: drives are shared storage depending on job responsibilities.
- Technology video tutorials.
- Online workshops on Blackboard, Adobe software, etc. Log into Blackboard, and click IT Training tab for workshop access.
- Learning management system for course materials and discussions, multimedia files, tests, grades, etc.
Technology Resource Center (TRC)
- Hands-on digital media facility, in MMTH 257.
- Equipment for loan: laptops, cameras and projectors.
- Sign Up for Emergency Text Alerts.
- Access from Personal Information tab. Warnings include weather, crime, and school closing related notifications. Notifcations include weather, school closings, and other critical messages.
Audio & Video Collaboration Services
- Video conferencing services for collaborative communication needs.
- Real-time, online communications from office or mobile device.
- Audio conferencing and webinar coordination services.
Discounts and Purchasing
- Apple and Dell hardware and Adobe Creative Cloud discounts.
- Microsoft Office and antivirus software at no cost to students.
- Cellular discount of 17% with AT&T and 18% with Sprint.
Student Technology Centers
- Computer labs, including printing, are available for use by current WKU students, faculty, and staff.
ITS Service Desk
- Initial point for contact for technology support.
- Multiple points of contact, including chat, knowledge base, and service catalog request.
- In Person: Jody Richards Hall Third Floor Technical Support Services Window
TopperTech: Student Computer Support
- Employees who are taking WKU courses are eligible for TopperTech services.
- Full computer service center for WKU students.
- Services Include:
- Diagnostic testing
- Mac and Windows support
- Apple and Dell warranty service
- Hardware support and replacement
- Software support
- Operating system restoration
- Virus and spyware removal
- Data backup and recovery