New Employee Technology Guide
Get Started with Information Technology Services at WKU
Welcome to WKU
Information Technology Services is excited to support you in your new position! We are here for you every step of the way. Below, is our guide to getting started with technology at WKU. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at anytime during your time at WKU.
Login to Email
- Official WKU email account (Exchange) used for Administrative and Academic communications.
- Part-time Staff have to request an email account be created for them. Full-time Staff, Full-time Faculty, and Part-time Staff automatically get their email account created.
- Educate yourself about Phishing scams.
- Wi-Fi is available across all WKU campuses.
Get Familiar with WKU Systems
Setup Your Desk Phone
- Desk phones are located in some offices. If your office has assigned a phone to you submit a request to have it and voicemail configured.
Install iWKU App
- iWKU features maps, bus schedules, lab traffic, WKU news, WKU directory, event schedule, and more.
- Microsoft Office and antivirus software are free for employees.
- Apple and Dell hardware and Adobe Creative Cloud discounts.
- Cellular discount of 17% with AT&T and 18% with Sprint.
Use Equipment Loans
- TopperTech provides free equipment reservations.
Review ITS Polices
- Everyone at WKU is required to practice safe computing. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action or place you or others at risk.
- NEVER share your WKU passwords. Sharing your WKU passwords breaks WKU policy.
Sign Up for ITS Orientation
- You are highly encouraged to attend ITS Orientation where you will learn all about your WKU accounts, equipment, available services, and the support the WKU ITS provides.