Campus Safety at WKU
Your safety is important to us.
At WKU, the safety and security of our students, faculty and staff is extremely important to us. We have created this website as a place where students, faculty, staff and the community can visit to find resources related to campus safety, security, emergency preparedness and more.
WKU employs a variety of methods to communicate with our internal and external community during an emergency, weather-related event or any time events may cause disruptions in the normal campus routine. These include:
- Emergency text alerts - sign up to receive text alerts
- Telephone alert recording: 270-936-0000
- Outdoor warning system (voice alerts and sirens)
- Building warning systems (voice alerts and sirens)
- Mass emails to students, faculty and staff
- WKU News
- Messages posted to the WKU website
- Messages posted to WKU Facebook and on Twitter @wkunews and @wku.
- Digital signage boards on campus
- Override of the campus cable television system
- Local news media
Note: All official communication will originate directly from WKU News or the WKU Police Department. We encourage students to be cautious with where they obtain their information during emergency situations, especially via social media.