New Student Technology Guide
Get Started with Information Technology Services at WKU
Welcome to WKU
Information Technology Services is excited you are now a Hilltopper! We are here for you every step of the way. Below, is our guide to getting started with technology at WKU. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at anytime during your time at WKU.
Before Attending T.O.P.
Look-up NetID & Create Password
- NetID (created upon WKU admission) is your login to email, myWKU, TopNet, Blackboard, OneDrive, computer labs, WKU wireless, and more.
- WKU ITS employees will NEVER ask for your passwords.
Install iWKU App
- iWKU features maps, bus schedules, dining dollars, course schedule, grade lookup and more.
Follow us on Twitter
- Latest information and system alerts are posted to our offical Twitter account, @wkuITS.
Review ITS Polices
- Everyone at WKU is required to practice safe computing. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action or place you or others at risk.
- NEVER share your WKU passwords. Sharing your WKU passwords breaks WKU policy.
After Registering for Classes
Look-up TopperMail & Log In
Accounts are accessible approximately 24 hours after being accepted to WKU.
- Official WKU email account (TopperMail) used for Administrative and Academic communications. Uses your NetID password, no need to remember a separate password!
- Educate yourself about Phishing scams.
Get StartedWebmailAbout Phishing Scams
Get Familiar with WKU Systems
One stop access to WKU systems including TopNet, TopperMail, Blackboard, ITS Service Desk, and more.
Learning management system for course materials and discussions, multimedia files, tests, grades, etc.
Official WKU student email account with integrated calendar, collaboration tool, and more.
Register for classes, view transcripts, grades, financial aid, tuition, fees and sign up for emergency notifications.
WKU student individual file storage space for academic use. OneDrive can be accessed through office.com.
- Residence Halls have wired and wireless internet connections.
- Wi-Fi is available across all WKU campuses.
Connect to Wi-FiGaming & Streaming
Use the On-Campus Computer Repair Service and Laptop Loans
- TopperTech provides free full computer service and free laptop reservations.
- Microsoft Office is free for students.
- Discounts on select Apple and Dell hardware.
- Cellular discount of 8% with AT&T and 10% with Sprint.
Discounts & PurchasingComputer Buying Guide
Access Student Technology Centers and Printing
- Student Technology Centers are available for use all around WKU's campus and provide PC and Apple computer access, scanners, and printing.
- Currently enrolled students are given a print allocation each academic year. WKU ITS recommends that you do not bring your own printer to campus. Personal wireless printers do not work on our network.
The WKU ITS Service Desk is here to help. Give us a call, chat with a representative online, use the Self-Help Knowledge Base and more.
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.