New Student Technology Guide
Get Started with Information Technology Services at WKU
Welcome to WKU
Information Technology Services is excited you are now a Hilltopper! We are here for you every step of the way. Below, is our guide to getting started with technology at WKU. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at anytime during your time at WKU.
Before Attending T.O.P.
Install iWKU App
- iWKU features maps, bus schedules, dining dollars, course schedule, grade lookup and more.
Review ITS Polices
- Everyone at WKU is required to practice safe computing. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action or place you or others at risk.
- NEVER share your WKU passwords. Sharing your WKU passwords breaks WKU policy.
After Registering for Classes
Look-up TopperMail & Log In
Accounts are accessible approximately 24 hours after being accepted to WKU.
- Official WKU email account (TopperMail) used for Administrative and Academic communications. Uses your NetID password, no need to remember a separate password!
- Educate yourself about Phishing scams.
Get Familiar with WKU Systems
Use the On-Campus Computer Repair Service and Laptop Reservations
- TopperTech provides free full computer service and free laptop reservations.
Access Student Technology Centers and Printing
- Student Technology Centers are available in several WKU campus locations and provide PC and Apple computer access, scanners, and printing.
- Currently enrolled students are given a print allocation each academic year. WKU ITS recommends that you do not bring your own printer to campus. Personal wireless printers do not work on our network.