Quick Start Guide for Students
WKU Technology Accounts
- NetID (created upon WKU admission) is your login to myWKU, TopNet, Blackboard, MyStuff, computer labs, WKU wireless, and more.
- Look up NetID and set initial password at Accounts.
- Keep your login information secure!
- One Stop access to applications including TopNet, TopperMail, Blackboard, ITS Service Desk, and more.
- Secure gateway to personal, academic and financial information.
- Register for classes, view transcripts, grades, financial aid, tuition, fees and sign up for emergency notifications.
Email / TopperMail
- Official WKU email account (TopperMail) used for Administrative and Academic communications. Check your TopperMail regularly!
- Accessible 24-48 hours after initial class registration.
- Learning management system for course materials and discussions, multimedia files, tests, grades, etc.
- WKU student individual file storage space for academic use.
ITS Policies and Safe Computing
- Everyone at WKU is required to practice safe computing.
- Read, understand, and follow ITS Policies (www.wku.edu/its/policies).
- Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action or place you or others at risk.
- Collection of phishing scams reported to ITS where you can check the authenticity of questionable emails.
iWKU Mobile App
- iWKU features: maps, bus schedules, lab traffic, dining dollars, course schedule, grade lookup and more.
Student Technology Centers
- Computer labs available for the use of current WKU students.
Technology Resource Center (TRC)
- Hands-on digital media facility, in MMTH 257.
- Equipment for loan: laptops, cameras, and projectors.
Discounts and Purchasing
- Apple and Dell hardware and Adobe Creative Cloud discounts.
- Microsoft Office and antivirus software at no cost to students.
- Cellular discount of 8% with AT&T and 10% with Sprint.
- Technology video tutorials.
- Online workshops on Blackboard, Adobe software, etc. Log into Blackboard, and click ITS Training tab for workshop access.
TopperTech: Student Computer Support
- Full computer service center for WKU students.
- Services Include:
- Diagnostic testing
- Mac and Windows support
- Apple and Dell warranty service
- Hardware support and replacement
- Software support
- Operating system restoration
- Virus and spyware removal
- Data backup and recovery
ITS Service Desk
- Initial point for contact for technology support.
- Multiple points of contact, including chat, knowledge base, and service catalog request.
- In Person: Jody Richards Hall Third Floor Technical Support Services Window
Follow us on Twitter
- Follow @WKUITS for latest information and alerts.