General Meal Plan Information
People gather where there's food. It's human nature. So it's no surprise that our dining locations are often the center of campus activities. But we are more than social. We are convenient, flexible, healthy and sustainable. Nothing beats a meal plan for quality and value!
We want to ensure every student has the opportunity to enjoy a tasty and nutritious meal. We understand and accommodate the varying needs of our students on campus. Our recipes focus on "right-size" portions and socially responsible food selections. Our vegan and vegetarian dining, allergen-friendly options, Halal offerings and low-calorie menus are sure to meet every dietary need.
Required Meal Plan Policy
All first-year (less than two regular session semesters) students living on-campus under the age of 21 are required to participate in one of the on-campus meal plans. All other full-time (12 hours or more) undergraduate students living on-campus or off-campus are automatically enrolled in the $75 Meal Plan Dollar Flex (MPD Flex) plan and may upgrade to another plan to satisfy their dining needs. On-campus students may upgrade to any of the available on-campus plans and off-campus students may upgrade to any on-campus or off-campus plan.
Meal Plan Members will automatically be re-enrolled for the same plan chosen in the Fall semester for the Spring semester. This requirement is not influenced by changes in class standing that may occur during the student's first year at WKU. If a housing exemption form has been approved and is on file with the university, you will not be required to purchase a Meal Plan. Some exemptions may be granted for verifiable medical conditions that cannot be fulfilled by any of the memberships. Appeals for exemption from this University requirement should be made in an email to the Resident District Manager.
For All FAQs, Terms & Conditions full Order Forms and CampusDish websites and applications with e-commerce functionality or meal plan information:
- Meal plans purchased for use in WKU Restaurant Group locations are for the personal use of the owner of the plan only and are non-transferable. The WKU Restaurant Group meal plans cannot be used as a gift card or gift certificate.
- Declining balance funds (Meal Plan Dollars, Dining Dollars, MPD Flex) may be used by the cardholder to make a purchase in any WKU Restaurant Group location and to purchase a meal or snack for a guest.
- Except as otherwise expressly stated in these terms, all WKU Restaurant Group funds and plans are non-refundable and will expire at the earlier of the last day of enrollment, as applicable, or the last day of the current semester.
For Meal Plan/Declining Balance Funds That Are Non-Refundable or Expire (include as clearly and prominently as possible on any FAQs, terms and conditions and CampusDish websites and applications with e-commerce functionality or meal plan information):
- WKU Restaurant Group meal plans, Meal Plan Dollar and MPD Flex funds are non-refundable.
- Unused meal plan swipes expirethe end of each week for weekly plans and the end of the semester for block plans or the last day of enrollment.
- Unused Meal Plan Dollar balances, as part of a meal plan, will roll from fall to spring semester but will expire onthe last day of the spring semester.
- Unused MPD Flex balances will roll from year to year. Upon graduation, any remaining MPD Flex will be donated to the WKU Food Pantry.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,