Housing & Residence Life
Residence Halls Close for Spring Break
- Date: Friday, March 1st, 2019
- Time: 6:00pm
- Location: All residence halls except Barnes, Hilltopper and Northeast Halls
All residence halls, except Barnes Campbell, Hilltopper, and Northeast Halls, will close at 6 PM on Friday, March 1. All halls will reopen at Noon on Sunday, March 10.
Before you leave for spring break, all residents must do the following:
- Unplug all electrical equipment except the refrigerator. Computers, aquariums, televisions, etc., should all be unplugged.
- Wash all dirty dishes.
- Throw away all trash and clean out the trash can. Take all trash to compactor. Activate compactor with room key.
- For this time of year, set room temperature on 70 degrees and fan speed on auto -or- halfway between blue and red with fan speed on low to conserve energy.
- Remove belongings from closet floor. This prepares the room to be sprayed for pests.
- Remove furniture and belongings from in front of the HVAC unit so that the filter may be changed.
- Close and lock windows.
- Turn lights off.
- Lock your room.