What is It?
The Carless Program is an incentive package to encourage campus residents to leave their cars at home for Fall Semester. Participants receive discounts for transportation services offered through the Parking and Transportation Services Department. The goal of the program is to reduce the number of cars on campus during our busiest time of year – Fall Semester.
What is Included in the Program?
- Access to the Topper Transit System
- Topper Transit is available to all students for free.
- Service is available weekdays between Main Campus and South Campus.
- Service is provided to off-campus retail and entertainment destinations (Green Line) on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Complimentary GObg Public Transit Semester Pass ($50 value).
- Participants redeem a voucher at PTS.
- $35 credit towards Wheels account (pedaless ebikes). Download the Wheels app to create an account.
- Rebates for the discounted airport shuttle to Nashville International Airport (BNA,
up to a $100 value).
- Participants redeem a voucher with a receipt from a commercial company to PTS for partial refund. Limit 4 trips.
- Move In/Move Out parking passes ($20/Value)
- For use during Master Plan and Move-Out. Provided in package.
- Drawing for $250 Book Scholarship for Spring Semester.
- Winners will be selected during Finals Week, Fall Semester.
- To be eligible for the drawing, customer must retain good standing in the program throughout the Fall Semester.
- 50% discount for available Spring semester parking permits.
How Do I Enroll in the Program?
- Choose the Carless Program “permit” option in your Parking Account.
- Participants will not be eligible for a parking permit while enrolled in the Carless Program.
- To remain in good standing in the program, leave your car at home! Program vouchers will be considered null and void if citations are present on your account.
Can I Opt Out of the Program?
- Participants can withdraw by July 15, 2022 and be eligible for available parking permits. Voucher coupon book will not be issued.
- Participants who withdraw after July 15, 2022 must return their voucher coupon book to PTS.
What Happens at the End of the Fall Semester?
- All vouchers expire at the end of Fall Semester.
- Students may choose to continue to live car free for Spring Semester and continue to use the transportation services that are available; however, they will pay the regular student rate rather than the discounted program rate for the services.
- Students may choose to bring their cars to campus for Spring Semester. Students will be eligible for a 50% discount on available Spring semester parking permits.
Did You Know?
- Did you know… it costs $18,000 per parking space to build more parking on campus in a parking structure? By participating in the Carless program and leaving your car at home, you are helping to contain the costs of attending WKU!
- Did you know… it costs over $9,000/year to own and operate a vehicle? By leaving your car at home, you are saving money for yourself!
- Did you know… parking lots and roadways are one of the largest sources of water pollution in the United States? By leaving your car at home, you are helping the environment by reducing the need for WKU to build more parking lots!