Boot and Tow Policy
- Boot warnings are issued to customers on or after the second enforced, unpaid citation. Boot warnings carry over from one permit year to the next.
- Scofflaw warnings are issued to customers on the fifth enforced citation within a permit year. Scofflaw designations apply to citations issued within the current permit year only.
- Parking and Transportation Services may place boots on vehicles that are found violating campus parking regulations.
- Hard boots may be applied when a vehicle is parked in violation and:
- The owner of a vehicle has NOT been identified, the customer has accumulated at least 2 enforced, unpaid citations, and has received a Boot Warning, OR
- The customer has an active payment plan for previous citations, OR
- The customer has been designated as a Scofflaw (see Scofflaw policy), OR
- A vehicle is displaying a lost or stolen or otherwise falsified permit (even if not parked in violation).
- In the course of standard operations, Parking and Transportation Services may tow
- Are found in violation of parking regulations, OR
- Are obstructing traffic or creating a safety hazard, OR
- Are parked in reserved parking spaces or areas reserved for special events, OR
- Are parked in areas closed for maintenance, OR
- Have been banned from parking on campus, OR
- Have been determined by to be abandoned or derelict, OR
- Have been booted and there is evidence the boot has been tampered with.
- Parking and Transportation Services reserves the right to tow vehicles due to exigent circumstances.
- Parking and Transportation Services reserves the right to choose to relocate vehicles on campus or tow off-site.
- Parking and Transportation Services will notify vehicle owners in writing (certified mail) if their vehicle is towed off-camp