Welcome to WKU!
A WKU parking permit is required to park on Bowling Green main and south campuses. We recommend making Parking and Transportation Services office your first stop when you come to campus. Our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you in planning your visit and can direct you to the best places to park while you’re here.
- Parking spaces are clearly marked with lines or wheel stops.
- Parking permits are hangtags that may be placed in any vehicle driven by the permit owner. The permit you purchase determines where you can park. Information about where the permit is honored is found on the back of the permit.
- Permits must be purchased from Parking and Transportation Services only. Permits are only valid for the registered owner and are not transferable.
- Lots may close for special events and/or maintenance. Notifications will be sent by WKU email, Facebook, Twitter, and posted on our website.
- Disability spaces, reserved spaces, yellow zones, fire lanes, driving lanes, and sidewalks are enforced 24/7.
- Faculty/Staff lots are enforced weekdays 7:30AM - 4:30PM, including summer and intersession breaks.
- Parking meters are available in front of Diddle Arena (across from Downing Student Union and next to Diddle South Pay Lot). Rates are $0.50 / 15 minutes and an additional $0.45 Park Mobile fee.
- Public Parking Pay Lots are located on Regents Drive, PFT Loop, Chestnut Street North, and Diddle South Visitor Lots. For more information, please see Visitor Parking.
- Daily reserved parking spaces are available throughout campus using Prepay Reservations.
- At night, call WKU Police Department at 270-745-3333 for a safety escort on campus. Emergency call boxes are placed throughout campus.
- Appeals must be submitted within 7 business days upon receiving citation. Instructions are on the back of the citation.
The term "Intersession Parking" refers to parking on campus any time other than when Spring & Fall semesters are in session. PTS relaxes some of the parking rules during intersession. For policy details, see Intersession Parking Policy.