Welcome to WKU!
A WKU parking permit is required to park on the Bowling Green main and south campuses. We recommend making Parking and Transportation Services office your first stop when you come to campus. Our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you in planning your visit and can direct you to the best places to park while you’re here.
- Parking permits are hangtags that may be placed in any vehicle driven by the permit owner. The permit you purchase determines where you can park. Information about where the permit is honored is found on the back of the permit.
- Permits must be purchased from Parking and Transportation Services only. Permits are only valid for registered owner.
- Lots may close for special events and/or maintenance. Notifications will be sent by WKU email, Facebook, Twitter, and posted on our website.
- Faculty/Staff lots are enforced weekdays 7:30AM - 4:30PM, including summer and intersession breaks.
- Disability spaces, reserved spaces, yellow zones, fire lanes, driving lanes, and sidewalks are enforced 24/7.
- Parking spaces are clearly marked with lines or concrete stops.
- Appeals must be submitted within 7 business days upon receiving citation. Instructions are on the back of the citation.
- Parking meters are available throughout campus for short-term parking. Parking length and enforcement may vary by location. Check the sticker on the front of the meter for details. Public Parking is located on Regents Drive, PFT Loop, Chestnut Street North, and Diddle South Visitor Lots. For more information, please see Visitor Parking.
- Daily reserved parking spaces are available throughout campus using ParkMobile at wku.pmreserve.com.
- At night, call WKU Police Department at 270-745-3333 for a safety escort on campus. Emergency call boxes are placed throughout campus.
The term "Intersession Parking" refers to parking on campus any time other than when Spring & Fall semesters are in session. PTS relaxes the parking rules during intersession so that all "Commuter" and "Housing" lots become "All Permit" (AP) lots.
Student parking zones are the only areas affected. Faculty/Staff lots, meters, and reserved spaces continue to be enforced as usual. For policy detais, see Intersession Parking Policy.