Evening Parking Policy
Evening Enforcement Hours – 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday - Friday
A current WKU parking permit is required in the evening in the following locations:
- Housing parking lots remain housing zones in the evening. A current Housing permit is required to park in all housing zones in the evening.
- Mimosa Lot and Gated Hilltop Lot become “AP” (All Permit) lots in the evening. A current permit is required to park in these lots in the evening. All WKU permits are honored, including South Campus Commuter (C2) and South Campus Housing (SC) permits.
- Gated Regents Pay Lot:
- Fees are assessed 7:30 AM - 10:00 PM, Monday – Saturday
- All active WKU permits are honored weekday evenings and Saturdays as space allows.
- Gates remain down on Sundays, but no fees are assessed. All active WKU permits are honored.
WKU parking permits are NOT required in the evening in the following areas:
- Commuter parking lots (including Parking Structure 2)
- Faculty/Staff Premium parking lots (except Mimosa/Gated Regents as noted above)
- Faculty/Staff Non-Premium parking lots
- The parking lots which are zoned Overflow zones (OZ) during the day are open in the
- Parking Structure 3 (back of Creason Lot)
- Russellville Road Lot
- Service Supply Lot
- Back of Chestnut Street South
- Back of Adams Street Lot
Enforcement hours for meters are described on stickers at the meters.
Special events may disrupt evening parking plans. During special events, lots may be reserved for the event, or an event parking fee may be charged to park in designated lots.
Other Enforcement Practices
- Safety violations are enforced at all times.
- Disability parking is enforced at all times and a WKU disability permit is required in both Tier 1 and Tier 2 disability parking spaces.
- Unless otherwise noted, reserved parking and loading/unloading zones are enforced at all times.