- Overview for 2017-2018
- Buy your Parking Permit!
- Manage Your Permit Waitlists
- Permit Waitlist FAQs
- Pay/Appeal a Citation
- NextBus Information
- Alumni Square Garage
- Enterprise Car Share
- Departmental Service/Shuttle Request
- Advertising Opportunities
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Visitors to Campus
- Disability Parking
- PTS Staff
- Business & Auxiliary Services
- 15 Passenger Van Training
Pay a Citation
To pay a citation, log-in to your Parking Account.
Citations not paid within 14 calendar days of receipt will have a $10 late fee added. Students with unpaid citations will have an administrative hold placed on their account until the citations are paid in full.
Citation Appeal Process
We recommend reading this page before proceeding to the online appeal form.
Everyone is entitled to appeal any parking citation issued by the WKU Parking and Transportation Services department. Appeals must be filed online within 7 days of the citation being issued. If you experience technical difficulties with the online appeal, please contact the Parking and Transportation Department.
General information regarding the appeal process:
- The appeal is your opportunity to present your case if you believe that your citation was issued in error or that you are not responsible for a citation.
- Your appeal will be reviewed by the appeals board. The board consists of one representative each from the Student Government, University Senate, and Staff Council.No members of the Parking and Transportation Department staff are on the appeals board, and no member of the PTS staff has any influence on whether or not the appeals board decides to overturn a citation.
- PTS enforcement personnel often take photos of violations when they issue citations. These photos are available to the appeals board.
- Filing an appeal does not guarantee that your citation will be overturned.
- You may attach files to your online appeal if you have evidence to support your appeal. All documents submitted will have their authenticity verified before they are considered by the board.
- The appeals board will notify you of their decision via e-mail when they have ruled on your case.
- The decision of the appeals board is final.
- Remember that the purpose of your appeal is to address the facts of the case, not how you feel about them. If you need to vent, don't do it in your appeal. It won't help your cause.
- If your permit was displayed in the car it is your citation. Permits are not transferable between individuals.
- If your meter was expired, even if it was just for a minute, even if you saw the officer writing the ticket on your way to your car, the citation is valid.
- "I didn't know" is not valid grounds for an appeal. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with parking regulations before parking on campus.
- When in doubt read the signs at the lot entrances. Read the back of your permit. Read the "Parking 101" brochure that was issued with your permit. Check out wku.edu/transportation/, or call the Parking and Transportation office between 7:30am-6:30pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (270) 745-2361.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,