Pay a Citation or File an Appeal
Pay a Citation
To pay a citation, log-in to your Parking Account.
File an Appeal
We recommend reading this page before proceeding to the online appeal form.
Everyone is entitled to appeal any parking citation issued by the WKU Parking and Transportation Services department. Appeals must be filed online within 7 days of the citation being issued. If you experience technical difficulties with the online appeal, please contact the Parking and Transportation Department at 270-745-2361.
General information regarding the appeal process:
- The appeal is your opportunity to present your case if you believe that your citation was issued in error or that you are not responsible for a citation.
- A member of the Parking and Transportation staff will review the appeal and determine
whether to uphold or dismiss the citation. This review is conducted and based on
written departmental criteria for citation reduction and is not based on subjective
factors. To view the PTS Appeals Review Process, click HERE.
- An email will be sent to the WKU email on record with the decision of the appeal.
- If the citation is dismissed, no balance is due.
- If the citation is upheld, payment will be required before any hold will be released.
- You have the right to a second appeal to be heard in front of an appeals committee.
The committee consists of one representative each from the Student Government, University
Senate, and Staff Council. No members of the Parking and Transportation Department
staff are on the appeals board, and no member of the PTS staff has any influence on
whether or not the appeals board decides to overturn a citation.
- To have the appeal heard in front of the appeals committee, the citation must be paid in full.
- Customers may then appeal the citation by visiting the Parking and Transportation Services’ website at www.wku.edu/transportation.
- If the citation is dismissed, a refund will be issued.
- If the citation is upheld, no further action will be taken.
- PTS enforcement personnel take photos of violations when they issue citations. These photos are available for review on your parking account.
- Filing an appeal does not guarantee that your citation will be overturned.
- You may attach files to your online appeal if you have evidence to support your appeal. All documents submitted will have their authenticity verified before they are considered by the board.
- The appeals board will notify you of their decision via WKU email when they have ruled on your case.
- The decision of the appeals board is final.
- Remember that the purpose of your appeal is to address the facts of the case, not how you feel about them. If you need to vent, don't do it in your appeal. It won't help your cause.
- If your permit was displayed in the car, it is your citation. Permits are not transferable between individuals.
- If your meter was expired, even if it was just for a minute, even if you saw the officer writing the ticket on your way to your car, the citation is valid.
- "I didn't know" is not valid grounds for an appeal. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with parking regulations before parking on campus.
- When in doubt read the signs at the lot entrances. Read the back of your permit. Read the brochure that was issued with your permit. Check out www.wku.edu/transportation, or call the Parking and Transportation office between 7:30am-4:30pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (270) 745-2361.