Retiree Parking Policy
Retirees who have not returned to the University to work have the following parking options at WKU:
- Purchase a Non-Premium FS3 permit for the current price.
- Purchase a Premium or Gated permit for the current price if that is the permit they held at the time of their retirement.
- Purchase a $2/day visitor permit from Parking and Transportation Services. Parking is allowed at all non-reserved parking spaces on campus.
- Parking meters are available throughout campus for a fee of $0.50/15 minutes. Parking length and enforcement hours vary by location. Check the sticker on the meter for details. If no sticker is present, assume the meter is being enforced.
- The Diddle South Public Parking Lot, located on the Avenue of Champions, is available for a fee of $2/hour with $1 for each additional hour ($10/day maximum). A multi-space payment machine serves entire lot. Parking fees are assessed between 7:30 AM and 10 PM, Mon - Fri.
- Chestnut Street North Lot has a multi-space payment machine that services 16 spaces in the front corner of the lot. Rates are $2/hour with $1 for each additional hour ($10/day maximum). Parking fees are assessed between 7:30 AM and 10 PM, Mon - Fri.
- Gated Regents Lot provides visitor parking. Rates are $2/hour with $1 for each additional hour ($10/day maximum). Parking fees are assessed between 7:30 AM and 10 PM daily, Mon - Sat. Gates remain down on Sundays but no fees are assessed.
- Alumni Square Garage offers "pay as you go parking" with credit card validations, one day permit parking, and event parking. Daily parking fees are $2/hour with $10 daily maximum.
- Park for free at the Kentucky Museum visitor parking lot on Kentucky Street.
Retirees who have returned to the University to work may purchase, at face value the permit they utilized at the time of their retirement or any other faculty/staff permit for which they are eligible.
Permit ownership is nontransferable. The permit owner is the only individual authorized to use the permit. A citation for “Unauthorized Use of Permit” may be issued anytime abuses are documented.