Retiree Parking Policy
Retirees who have not returned to the University to work have the following parking options at WKU:
- Purchase a Non-Premium FS3 permit for the current price.
- Purchase a Premium for the current price if that is the permit they held at the time of their retirement.
- Purchase a $2/day visitor permit from Parking and Transportation Services. Parking is allowed at all non-reserved parking spaces on campus.
- Museum guests may park for free at the Kentucky Museum visitor parking lot on Kentucky Street.
- Public Parking Areas:
- Parking meters are available throughout campus for a fee of $0.50/15 minutes. Parking length and enforcement hours vary by location. Check the sticker on the meter for details. If no sticker is present, assume the meter is being enforced.
- The Diddle South Public Parking Lot, located on the Avenue of Champions, is available for a fee of $2/hour with $1 for each additional hour ($10/day maximum). A multi-space payment machine serves entire lot. Parking fees are assessed between 7:30AM to 4:30PM Monday - Friday.
- Chestnut Street North Lot has a multi-space payment machine that services 16 spaces in the front corner of the lot. Rates are $2/hour with $1 for each additional hour ($10/day maximum). Parking fees are assessed between 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Regents Pay Lot provides visitor parking. Rates are $2/hour with $1 for each additional hour ($10/day maximum). Parking fees are assessed between 7:30 AM to 10:30 PM daily.
- Pearce Ford Loop Pay Lot. Rates are $2/hour with a $10/day maximum. Fees assessed 7:30AM to 10:30PM daily.
- Alumni Square Garage offers "pay as you go parking" with credit card validations, one day permit parking, and event parking. Daily parking fees are $2/hour with $10 daily maximum.
Retirees who have returned to the University to work may purchase, at face value the permit they utilized at the time of their retirement or any other faculty/staff permit for which they are eligible.
Permit ownership is nontransferable. The permit owner is the only individual authorized to use the permit. A citation for “Unauthorized Use of Permit” may be issued anytime abuses are documented.