Intersession Parking Policy
Intersession Parking is created to improve parking access to students, faculty, staff, contractors, vendors, visitors, and departments during time periods when parking demands are lessened and shuttle service is suspended or limited. The following parking lots are enforced as follows when Intersession Parking is in effect.
Gated Faculty/Staff Lots
- Gated Regents Pay Lot
- Gates remain down 24/7 unless the University is closed.
- Fees assessed 7:30 AM – 10 PM daily, Monday – Saturday
- Gates remain down on Sundays, but no fees are assessed. All active WKU permits are honored.
- Gated Hilltop Lot - gates rise at 4:30 PM Monday – Friday.
- Beginning 4:30 Monday – Friday, a gated permit is no longer required, but a university parking permit must be displayed until 10:30 p.m.
- Once gates rise at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, they remain open until 7:30 AM on Monday, unless the lot is reserved for a special event.
Premium and Non-Premium Faculty/Staff Lots
- All Premium and Non-premium faculty/staff lots are enforced uniformly year-round.
- Premium permit required for premium lots. Non-Premium or Premium permit required for non-premium lots.
- One day visitor permit required for Premium or Non-premium lots.
Commuter and Housing Lots
- All Commuter and Housing lots become AP - “All Permits” zones during Intersession Parking.
- All current university permits will be honored in these lots.
- Temporary Contractor permits will be lot specific and will be determined on a per project basis.
- PM permits will require a reservation to be active.
Some lots are free and open to the public for parking without a university permit being displayed. These lots will be enforced for safety violations only.
- Adams Street Lot
- Campbell Lane Lot
- Chestnut Street South Lot
- Creason Lot
- Normal Street South Lot
- Russellville Road Lot
- Service & Supply Lot
- South Campus
- University Blvd. Lot