Bicycle Parking Policy
Bicycles must be parked at the fixed racks provided throughout campus. A bike rack map can be viewed by HERE.
Bicycles must not:
- Park on lawns or sidewalks
- Be chained to trees, light poles, fences, benches, or other fixtures
- Be chained to hand rails or disability access ramps
- Block stairways or emergency exits
- Park in public access, ingress, or egress areas inside buildings.
For policies regarding the storage or parking of bicycles inside residence halls, please refer to the Bicycles/Bicycle Racks section of the Hilltopics: Residence Hall Handbook.
Enforcement of Policy
- Improperly parked bicycles may be immobilized or impounded at the discretion of the enforcement officer.
- Unclaimed immobilized bicycles will be impounded after a minimum of 24 hours.
- Abandoned bicycles will be impounded.
- Parking & Transportation Services should be contacted at (270) 745-2361 or firstname.lastname@example.org
to have a bicycle released.
- To reclaim a bicycle that has been immobilized or impounded, a written, detailed description of the bicycle and the location where it was parked must be submitted to Parking and Transportation Services. E-mail is acceptable.
- A $10 Immobilization/Impound Fee must be paid before the bicycle will be released.
- Impounded bicycles that are not claimed within 90 days of impound will be disposed.
- Identification stickers will be placed on bicycles that are parked illegally. To impound bicycles, locking devices may be cut. WKU is not responsible for damage to bicycle or locks that result from the immobilization or impoundment process.