Football Home Opener Event Parking
- Wednesday, September 1st, 2021
On Thursday, September 2nd, the WKU Hilltoppers will host the UT Martin Skyhawks in the home opener football game with a 7:00 PM kick-off! Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking and road closures will occur before game time.
See the Football Tailgating Map for tailgating locations, shuttle service, disability parking, reserved parking, and road closing information.
Tailgating and Pre-Game Activities
- Student tailgating areas are open on the lower South Lawn from 3:00 PM – 6:30 PM. Other tailgating areas open at 4:00 PM.
- Topper Town opens at 4:00 PM on the upper South Lawn.
- Topper Walk begins at 4:40 PM at Parking Structure 1.
Free Public Parking with Complementary Shuttle Service
- Free event parking with shuttle service is available in Creason Lot (Lot A / Disability Parking), Parking Structure 3 (Lot A), Russellville Rd West Lot (Lot B), Adams Street Lot (Lot C), Kentucky Street Lot (Lot D), and the Alumni Square Garage (Lot E).
- Topper Transit will provide complementary shuttle service on campus beginning at 5:00 PM on two different routes. Service is suspended after kick-off and resumes at half-time until approximately 11:00 PM. All Topper Transit buses are equipped to provide ADA service.
- Due to COVID guidelines, masks are required and seating capacity is limited each trip.
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is available in Creason Lot beginning at 4:00 PM. Complementary shuttle service begins at 5:00 PM.
- Reserved RV parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot beginning at 4:00 PM. Public RV parking will be allowed in Creason Lot on a first come, first served basis beginning at 4:00 PM. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
Reserved Parking (See Reserved Parking Map)
- SUPPORT PARKING LOTS are reserved beginning at 4:30 PM Wednesday, Sep 1st, and must be cleared by 6:00 PM.
- EVENT PARKING LOTS are reserved beginning at 2:00 PM Thursday, Sep 2nd, and must be cleared by 3:30 PM.
Road Closings and Pick-ups & Drop-offs
- Avenue of Champions will close at 3:00 PM. Only authorized event traffic and University service vehicles will be allowed through.
- While these roads are closed, please use Regents Ave or Minton Circle for pick-ups and drop-offs. Do not block traffic.
- Topper Transit will not serve stops along the Avenue of Champions while the road is closed to event traffic. Use closest bus stops on Normal Street.
- WKU and Bowling Green Police will begin directing event traffic away from campus late in the game as needed.
For other event information, please visit www.wku.edu/transportation, and follow us on Twitter!