Parking and Transit Updates for New Year
- Friday, August 21st, 2020
Welcome Back students! We hope you had a great summer! We have made a few changes for the new year.
- Reminder, move-in activities continue this week and lots closest to residence halls are reserved. Beginning at 3PM on Sunday, August 23rd, permit holders displaced by move-in activities can return to their permit zone.
- All student lots are designated for a specific permit. Make sure to display your new 2020-2021 permit.
- Some lots have been rezoned:
- Half of Kentucky Street Lot is now zoned Housing (H3).
- A portion of Chestnut Street South Lot is now zoned Commuter (C3).
- Parking Structure 3 is now zoned Commuter (C5) and Housing (H5).
- Chestnut Street South Lot Overflow Zone (OZ) has been expanded.
- For Commuters and Faculty/who come to campus occasionally, the ParkMobile Reservation system allows customers to find and reserve available parking by date and location using https://wku.pmreserve.com/. A PM Reserve permit is available as an alternative to an annual permit.
- Carpool? Reserved parking for carpools at Creason Bus Stop. Minimum two passengers and current WKU Commuter permit required.
- Faculty/staff lots, meters, disability parking, safety violations are being enforced as usual.
- To promote social distancing, bus routes are changing to reduce passenger loads. The busiest bus stops on Normal Street are closed during the week.
- The College Heights Route travels between South Campus and Main Campus serving Campus Evolution Villages, Parking Structure 3, Parking Structure 1, and the Valley.
- The WKU Spirit Route travels from Russellville Road West Lot to Main Campus serving Chestnut Street, Park Street Lot, the Valley, Kentucky Street, and The Columns.
- The Shopping Shuttle, which travels to Campbell Lane retail destinations, runs on Saturdays from 4PM – 8:30PM.
- For everyone’s safety, passengers are required to wear masks and will load and unload from the rear door, except those who need to access the front door ramp.
- All transit buses will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- See the Big Red Restart: Topper Transit Video.
Housing zone enforcement begins on Sunday, August 23rd at 4:30PM. Transit service and full parking zone enforcement resumes Monday, August 24th. For more information, visit www.wku.edu/transportation.