Topper Transit Changes
- Author: Wednesday, January 15th, 2020
In an effort to improve efficiency, Parking and Transportation Services will be making significant service adjustments to the Topper Transit routes for Spring 2020. These adjustments respond to ridership patterns and campus changes such as construction of the First Year Village, the new Park Street Lot, and changes in class schedules at South Campus. The upcoming changes reallocate existing resources to support passenger demand while providing additional cost savings to WKU.
The Topper Transit Spring 2020 changes are as follows:
- Hilltopper Route
- The Kroger bus stop will be removed from the evening 6PM – 9PM route resulting in increased service frequency in the evenings.
- To match ridership demands and increase service frequency from 8:30AM – 4:30PM, an additional bus will be added to the route.
- Big Red Route
- The Ogden/Park Street bus stop will be removed from the route.
- The Morgantown Road Walmart bus stop will be removed from the evening 6PM – 9PM route. Reducing the length of the route will allow one bus to service passenger demand instead of two.
- Shopping Shuttle
- To provide students shopping opportunities during the week, the Shopping Shuttle will operate on Wednesdays from 6PM – 9:30PM. The route will continue to operate as normal on Saturdays 4PM - 8PM.
- TopperTaxi (Evening On Demand Service on Main and South Campus)
- After 6PM on Fridays, all routes suspend and the TopperTaxi will provide evening service from 6PM – 9PM.
- TopperTaxi will continue operating Sunday 6PM – 11PM and Monday – Thursday 9PM – 11PM.
- To request a ride with TopperTaxi, use the TapRide app and log-in using your NetID and password.
For more information on Topper Transit routes and service times, contact 270-745-2361.