Facebook Pixel Graduate School - Forms | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

Graduate School - Forms


Program of Study (download form to complete)
Required for all degree seeking graduate students prior to earning 12 credit hours of course work (master's and specialist degrees), or 36 credit hours (doctoral degrees).  The Program of Study is developed in consultation with and approved by the student's graduate program advisor. Final approval rests with the Graduate School. 

Program of Study Change (download form to complete)
To amend an approved Program of Study.
Comprehensive Exam/Capstone Completion
Required and must be submitted by the student's research committee chair or primary advisor by the deadline that final grades are posted in the Registrar's Office.


Application for Graduation
(Registrar's Office form and fee)

Committee Selection (Thesis/Specialist Project/Dissertation)
Required for thesis, specialist project, and dissertation students prior to enrollment in any 599, 699, or 799 course. The committee chair must hold graduate faculty status.


Copyright Permission
Required for thesis, specialist project, and dissertation students. Must submit for publication.


Advisor Change Request
To request a change of academic advisor.


Appeal of Graduate Policy (download form to complete)
To request deviation from Graduate School policy.


Academic Plan(download form to complete)
To appeal dismissal, students must submit an Academic Plan concurrently with the Appeal of Graduate Policy. Students on probation may also be asked to submit an academic plan by their academic department. *Students who receive notification from Financial Aid to submit an Academic Plan should complete the Program of Study above, NOT the Academic Plan form.


Undergraduate Enrollment in Graduate Courses (download form to complete)
For undergraduate students to request enrollment in graduate courses.

*Students seeking teacher certification or rank change should contact the Office of Professional Educator Services for further requirements, 270-745-4300.


Financial Assistance 

Graduate Assistantship Agreement 
To be completed by the hiring department detailing the assistantship and serving as a contract for the student and the appointing department.


Travel Grant
To fund students presenting at professional meetings or conferences, or for students who need to travel to conduct research.


Travel Grant Budget Form
Must be submitted with Travel Grant application. 


Research Grant Application
To fund significant student research projects.


Research Grant Budget Form
Must be submitted with Research Grant application.  


Distinguished Minority Fellows (DMF) Application 
To assist minority students with tuition costs and opportunities for employment.


Tuition Waiver for Supervising Teachers
Approved through the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences; contact the CEBS Dean's office for further information.


Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 2/28/21