Facebook Pixel The Graduate School - Current Student FAQ | Western Kentucky University

The Graduate School - Current Student FAQ



The Graduate Catalog contains information regarding curriculum, policies, and procedures for graduate students.

All approved matriculation forms are viewable on TopNet. ("Student Services", "Student Records", "View Graduate Program Documents")

Forms can be found on the Graduate School website. Most can be submitted online through TopNet or DocuSign.

Should you need to submit a PDF form, save the form to your desktop, complete, and save again. After obtaining the appropriate approvals, e-mail forms to graduate.records@wku.edu. If you have technical issues please contact the WKU IT Help Desk, 270-745-7000.

If a form can be submitted via TopNet or DocuSign, then please do so. 

If you have a  matriculation form that cannot be submitted online, please send it to graduate.records@wku.edu.

Using Degree Works will allow you to monitor your progress through the program, track degree completion, and try out options for other programs by running a "what if" scenario. We recommend you check it frequently. 

All graduate degree programs require that either a written or an oral examination be satisfactorily completed, or that an approved capstone course be successfully completed. Contact your academic department for details.

Each academic program defines whether a thesis, specialist project, or dissertation is required. Refer to the Graduate Catalog or contact your academic department for details.

Thesis, specialist project, and dissertation information is available online at http://www.wku.edu/graduate/students/thesis/. Contact your academic department for any additional guidelines and deadlines.


The Application for Graduation  is submitted through TopNet. It is an Office of the Registrar form and fee. ("Student Services", "Student Records", "Application for Graduation") 

The Office of the Registrar handles all transcript requests

Course withdrawals are handled in the Office of the Registrar. 

Drop all current courses through TopNet and email the Graduate School requesting to be withdrawn from your program.



Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 4/10/23