John D. Minton Graduate Student Award
John D. Minton Award
The John D. Minton Graduate Student Award recognizes a graduate student for outstanding contributions to the academic discipline while pursuing a graduate degree. Dr. Minton demonstrated outstanding scholarship by serving WKU as a Professor of History, the first Dean of the Graduate School, a Vice President, and President. This award recognizes a graduate student’s extension and application of discipline knowledge within and beyond the University. Nominee accomplishments should reflect the broader dimensions of scholarship as outlined by Ernest Boyer: discovery, integration, application, and teaching.
Nomination materials are now being accepted via email to email@example.com through Friday, March 20, 2020.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Graduate student completing all degree requirements in the fall 2019 semester or be a candidate for the spring 2020 or summer 2020 semesters
- Nomination form (attached) and a letter of support from a WKU faculty member
- Two additional letters of support from other university and/or community individuals who are familiar with the scholarship activities of the nominee
A university‐wide committee will select the winner who:
- Will receive a monetary award of $500;
- Will be recognized at the spring 2020 Graduate Commencement Ceremony on Friday, May 15th