Facebook Pixel frequently asked questions faq prospective students | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

The Graduate School - Prospective Student FAQs

The WKU Graduate School's GRE code is 1901.
The Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) is only available to undergraduate students, thus graduate students are not eligible for TIP.

To reapply you must submit an updated application.  seeking admission into the new program. To be considered, you must fulfill any additional program requirements.

To change your program you must submit an updated application for admission into the new program. To be considered, you must fulfill any additional program requirements.  Admission to one program does not guarantee admission to a different program.

No, the Graduate School cannot accept paper applications. You may, however, apply online. Payment can be made by credit card, check, or money order.

Domestic students may defer their admission by contacting the Graduate School in writing to change their term of enrollment. International students must submit an updated application for the new term, as well as updated financial documents, in order to create a new I-20 form.

In the 2018-19 academic year, the University automatically awarded a scholarship to qualifying full-time, non-resident, international students.  A decision on the international scholarship for 2019-2020 is pending.  More information about the international scholarship is on the Financial Resources page.

Every degree-seeking student is assigned to an advisor. The advisor should be the most important person in the course of your graduate study. Your advisor will work with you in developing a program of study (graduate degree program). The graduate advisor will assist you in the selection of your graduate committee for direction and guidance during thesis writing if you choose the thesis option. You should work closely with your advisor while in graduate school at WKU.

WKU multiplies the quarter hour by 0.67 to get the semester hour.  For example, if you have earned six quarter hours, they will be converted to four semester hours.


Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 9/20/19