Advising for Honors
General Honors Advising
Please view the Good Standing Policy to understand what is required of honors students. and for an overview of the requirements that must be met to graduate from the Mahurin Honors College.
- First-time freshmen who are accepted into The MHC or who have been placed on The MHC Waiting List are eligible to take any course with an honors designation.
- First-time freshmen who are not accepted into The MHC, but who have a high school GPA of a 3.5 or higher, are eligible to enroll in honors courses in their first semester at WKU.
- Current MHC scholars in good standing are eligible to take courses with an honors designation.
- Current WKU students who are not a part of The MHC, but who have at least a 3.2 cumulative college GPA or permission of the instructor may enroll in honors courses.
Advising Tips and Reminders
- To be eligible to participate in priority registration, a student must be in Good Standing with MHC, must have been advised by their primary academic advisor and have been cleared by their MHC advisor.
- MHC scholars are encouraged to take 12 honors credits per year for the first two years, with 9 per year considered the minimum to remain in Good Standing.
- Upper-division courses can be augmented to allow MHC scholars to earn honors hours. The e-signature form for Honors Augmentation Contracts (HACs) is due by the third Friday of the semester.
The Honors Curriculum Overview can be found here.
Recommend a student
Do you know a student who should be a MHC scholar? Nominate them today.