Assurance of Student Learning
Academic Affairs supports a culture of continuous improvement through intentional, systematic self-reflection of our academic learning goals, measurements, outcomes, and renewals. As a division, we must re-engage the campus community in this process.
The work of the Assurance of Learning Committee is to:
- review the SACSCOC Fifth-Year report and expectations
- identify an appropriate mechanism/template for submission and storage of data.
- identify programs that have continued program level learning outcome assessment since the last university-wide process
- develop university wide professional development program for ASL
- develop a schedule/timeline for assessment results
- assist with the preparation of the response to SACSCOC Fifth-Year Report - Standard 8.2a, which specifically addresses the expected outcomes, rate of achievement of these outcomes, and evidence of seeking improvement based on result analysis.
The membership of the Assurance of Learning Committee will include one individual and an alternate, per college, identified by college administration to be experts in program level assessment. These individuals may include faculty, department heads, and/or associate deans. Our Colonnade and Evidence and Argument (QEP) programs are not only significant components of our undergraduate experiences, but are also addressed separately in our SACSCOC standards and should help to drive our culture of continuous improvement. As a result, a representative for each of these two programs will serve. Finally, given the potential need for professional development within our academic units, the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) will also be represented.
Molly Kerby, (ASL Chair), Assistant Provost for Institutional Effectiveness
Stuart Burris, Ogden College of Science & Engineering
LeAnne Coder, Gordon Ford College of Business
Molly Dunkum, Colonnade Co-Director
Marko Dumanćič, Director for the Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
Dennis George, College of Education & Behavioral Sciences
Jennifer Hanley, Colonnade Co-Director
Rob Hale, (ASL SACSCOC Liaison), Associate Provost for Faculty & Academic Excellence
Danita Kelley, College of Health & Human Services
Sean Kinder, University Libraries
Merrall Price, Potter College of Arts & Letters