A Financial U
Making responsible decisions to live within your means and setting financial goals today that will positively impact your financial future. A financially well person has an understanding of their financial situation. This involves the process of learning how to successfully manage financial expenses. Money plays a critical role in our lives and not having enough of it impacts health as well as academic performance.
Tips on Improving Your Financial Wellness
- Think long-term by starting a savings account
- Plan for the future (Paying back student loans)
- Use credit cards only in emergencies
- Buy used books
- Choose the right meal plan so you aren't spending extra money on food
- Save gas money and walk or ride your bike to class- Campus Walking Map
- Use student discounts to your advantage
Helpful Services on Campus
The WKU Center for Financial Success offers free peer-to-peer financial counseling and financial presentations for WKU students and community members. https://www.wku.edu/cfs/ has resources on budgeting, credit cards, and student loans. Visit http://wkucenterforfinancialsuccess.blog.wku.edu/. for "Finance Friday" videos and financial blog posts every Wednesday.