Graduate Academic Degree Programs
Program Coordinator: Dr. Ritchie Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org, (270)-745-8975
This graduate program in Environmental and Occupational Health Science is designed to provide graduate education for careers focused on the protection of human health and prevention of health hazards in occupational and natural environments. A key component of the program is to understand how exposure to environmental and occupational hazards occurs and discovering ways to reduce and control the risk of exposure. This program is designed for working professionals and students desiring opportunities with industry, consulting firms, government agencies, and other environmental and occupational health science professions. This program requires 36 graduate credit hours.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Jason Polk, email@example.com, (270)-745-5015
The graduate program in Geoscience provides advanced professional training for careers as hydrologists, environmental resource managers, city and regional planners, engineering geologists, geophysical and geochemical geologists, meteorologists and climatologists, earth science teachers, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) specialists, consultants in business and industry, and professional educators. The program also provides a scientific foundation for graduate students who plan to continue advanced studies leading to the Ph.D.
Program Coordinator: Jane Olmsted, firstname.lastname@example.org, (270)-745-5787
The Global Pathways to Sustainability graduate certificate prepares professionals working in organizations and institutions to understand the complex environmental and social problems and apply community-based solutions. The certificate offers a multidisciplinary study of the environmental, social, and policy dimensions of sustainability. Students will gain an understanding of theoretical and practical aspects of sustainability and will participate in community-based projects. The program consists of 15 hours, including two core courses, SUST 512 and SUST 514, and three electives drawn from three categories: social and human impact; environmental health and education; and policy and practice. Courses may be taken in any order, but students are encouraged to take the two core courses early in the certificate program.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Bob Hatfield, email@example.com, (270)-745-6581
The graduate certificate in Business Sustainability provides an educational framework of sustainable business opportunity to equip current and future business leaders. You can choose sustainable business as an emphasis area along with your Master's in Business Administration or take it as a stand-alone program. The program is available in a convenient online format featuring bi-term courses of approximately 7 weeks.
Skill sets you will gain include the following:
- Fluency in current major legal, governmental, and business standards related to sustainability
- Ability to identify opportunities for sustainable actions and policies throughout the value chain
- Proficiency with quantitative operations models and techniques to analyze and evaluate the viability of sustainable opportunities throughout the product life-cycle
- Social Entrepreneurship acumen
- Understanding of the major voluntary codes and best practices about sustainability which impact business. As well as how the activities and reports relating to sustainability fit into the broader policy arena of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Providing oversight for sustainability initiatives in your organization
- Experience in evaluating and creating effective sustainability marketing strategies