Master of Science in Environmental & Occupational Health Science
MS in Environmental and Occupational Health Science
This graduate program is designed to enhance the educational opportunities for environmental and occupational health science professionals. The program will:
- Provide students with an in-depth exposure to methodologies to assess hazards and improve health in the built, occupational, and natural environments.
- Engage students in applied research and service learning at the local, regional, and global scales.
- Provide students with a foundation to evaluate global scale environmental and occupational issues that impact human health and the environment.
- Develop students’ application of research, data analysis, monitoring, and communication methods used to solve environmental and occupational health problems.
- Provide students with opportunities for practice learning through internships, international programs, and research.
- Allow students to conduct research focused on the protection of human health and prevention of health hazards in occupational and natural environments.
- Provide students with the skills to communicate environmental and occupational risks to promote and protect the health of the public.
Total Credit Hours=36
Core Courses (24 credit hours required)
- PH 501 - Research Methods (3 hrs)
- PH 520 - Biostatistics for Public Health (3 hrs)
- PH 582 - Epidemiology: Practice and Theory (3 hrs)
- PH 584 - Principles of Environmental Health (3 hrs)
- EOHS 502 - Health Promotion in the Workplace (3 hrs)
- EOHS 550 - Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (3 hrs)
- EOHS 560 - Environmental Management and Risk Assessment (3 hrs)
- EOHS 577 - Environmental Toxicology (3 hrs)
Electives (6 or 9 credit hours required depending on option selected) –
- Select 6 hours of electives if Thesis Option is chosen
- Select 9 hours of electives if Internship or Applied Experience Option chosen
- Select from the Following EOHS electives with advisor approval
Culminating Experience - (Choose Thesis or Internship or Applied Experience)
- Thesis (6 hour option): Students must take PH 599 Thesis (6 hrs) or
- Internship (3 hour option): Students must take EOHS 546 Internship (3 hrs) or
- Applied Practice or Research Experience (3 hour option): Students must take PH 588 Capstone (3 hrs)
- Environmental Health and Safety (15 hours)
- EOHS 577 - Environmental Toxicology
- EOHS 580 - Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- PH 584 - Principles of Environmental HEalth
- EOHS Electives: Choose 6 hours with Advisor Approval
- Workplace Health Promotion (18 hours)
- EOHS 502 - Health Promotion in the Workplace
- EOHS 503 - Health Assessment in the Workplace
- EOHS 550 - Principles of Occupational Safety and Health
- PH 575 - Program Planning in Public Health Practice
- PH 576 - Education and Communication Techniques in Public Health Education
- PH 587 - Health Behavior
M.S Environmental & Occupational Health Science Internship Manual
M.S. Environmental and Occupational Health Science, 2018 EHAC Accreditation Self-Study
Dr. Edrisa Sanyang
EOHS Graduate Program
Academic Complex 236 E
Phone: (270) 745-3500
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.