The Health Care Administration program requires both undergraduate and graduate students to complete a twelve (12) week, full-time (minimum 480 hour) internship experience in an approved health care facility.
Note: all completed program course work must be with a minimum grade of "C" in each course.
1. Possess a MINIMUM OVERALL GPA of 2.5.
2. Comply with internship placement policies and procedures (see link below).
3. Obtain approval from his/her assigned HCA Primary Advisor. Some advisors may require the student to complete the Advisor Internship Approval form prior to internship approval.
4. After submitting the site affiliation application, students must email a request to be registered for the internship course to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy his/her assigned HCA Primary Advisor. The body of this email request must include the information stated on the following form: Internship Course Registration Request
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Internship Program
- Barren River Health Department
- Baptist Health Corbin, Contact Amy Steely
- Graves Gilbert Clinic, Contact Human Resources Director
- Long Term Care (local)
- Massey Springs Senior Living (Independent Villas, Assisted Living, Memory Care)
- Magnolia Village Alzheimer's Skilled Nursing Facility
- Chandler Park Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Hospice of Southern Kentucky, Inc
- Home Instead Senior Care (Bowling Green and Covington, KY and Franklin, TN)
- Signature Healthcare Administrator in Training Program
- National Healthcare Corporation Administrator in Training Program (NF, AL and Home Health)
- Atria Senior Living (AL, Home Health, Senior Housing)
- Christian Care Communities, Bowling Green (AL, NF, Home Health, Senior Housing, TCU, Memory Care, Outpatient rehab)
- Arcadia Senior Living (Independent living, assisted, memory, respite care)
- Cal Turner Rehab and Specialty Care (nursing facility adjoined to an acute care facility)
- T.J. Samson Community Hospital and Skilled Nursing Unit (SNU)
- Commonwealth Regional Specialty Hospital (long term acute care hospital)
- Commonwealth Health Corporation (hospitals, outpatient, ambulatory care, adult day, specialty clinics, nursing facility, etc.)
- Humana Infusion Program and Specialized College Program
- American College of Health Care Executives (ACHE) Scholarships, Internships and Fellowships
- TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
- Glassdoor, Search for internships and jobs from over 20,000 job sites, newspapers and company career pages
- INDEED, Search job sites, newspapers, associations and company career pages
- The YMCA
- Also visit Public Health Job Opportunities and Resources for Graduating Students
- Green River District Health Department
- Logan Aluminum
Not all internship locations are listed here. Check with the Public Health office for a list of currently affiliated locations or to obrain information about adding a location that is not currently affiliated.
The NAB Accredited Health Care Administration program with Long Term Care Administration Certificate, available to undergraduate students, requires students to complete a twenty-five (25) week, full-time (minimum 1,000 hour) internship in an approved health care facility with the majority of hours in a licensed nursing facility.