Winter Super Saturdays:
February 3, 10, & 17, 2024| 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM CT | Cost: $100
|Make a Payment||View Courses|
|Financial Assistance||Recommendation Form|
“Super Saturdays allows me to work with other kids who think like me but differently
from me too. It helps me grow.”
Abigail Blais, 6th grader
Super Saturdays encourages students in grades 1 – 6 who are of high ability or have high interest in a topic to pursue their passions outside the regular classroom. Through a minds-on, hands-on approach to learning, students explore and investigate such areas as math, art, science, history, writing, music, and performance under the thoughtful guidance of experienced teachers and in the company of enthusiastic, like-minded peers. Each year, over 1000 students enjoy the benefits of Super Saturdays.
The Center offers two, three-week sessions of Super Saturdays each year, the first in the early fall and the second in the winter.
Super Saturdays presents young, gifted learners with the opportunity to continue the learning process in a student-centered environment that celebrates learning for the sake of knowledge. It opens new doors of learning at an age when it is absolutely critical to inspire the minds of gifted learners.
Qualifications to Attend Super Saturdays
Student is in grade 1 - 6 during the current school year and at least one of the following must apply:
- Student has shown high interest/achievement in one or more of the content areas or
- Student has received a distinguished rating on the state assessment or
- Student has been identified for services as a gifted child or
- Student has an IQ score of 120 or above or
- Student has a score at or above the 90th percentile on the the total battery or at or above the 95th percentile on the total mathematics or language/reading section of the most recent achievement test.
“Every time I go, I learn new things and I get to make new friends. It's really exciting."
Savannah Carr, fifth grader