Did you attend one of The Center’s programs for students (i.e., Super Saturdays, SCATS, VAMPY, The Summer Camp, Camp Explore, Camp Innovate, Study/Travel Tours)? If so, then congratulations: you are a member of the newly relaunched Alumni Association of The Center for Gifted Studies!
The goals of the Alumni Association are to create a network of resources to benefit alumni and The Center, to reconnect alumni and strengthen connections among alumni, and to ensure the stability and longevity of The Center by creating a web of support.
When Wake Norris (VAMPY 1989-92; Counselor) helped to found the original Alumni Association in 2005, he said, “Through the Association, alumni can stay in touch with old friends, make connections with other alumni, help secure The Center’s future, and ensure that tomorrow’s gifted students will have outstanding outlets and opportunities for development as we did in our youth.”
How can you participate in the Alumni Association?
First, connect yourself and help others get connected:
- Update your contact information on our Info Form.
- Spread the word about the Association in person and online.
- Bookmark our website.
- Follow and like us on social media and ask your friends to do the same. We are on Facebook @giftedstudieswku, Twitter @GiftedStudies, and Instagram @giftedstudieswku.
Second, check out our How to Get Involved page for other things you can do right now to be an active alum.
Finally, let us know what you want the Alumni Association to do! Some possibilities include
- Designating members of an Alumni Association board to set and help reach goals for the Association.
- Creating an online directory of alumni.
- Setting specific fundraising goals, such as an Alumni Association Scholarship for campers, and/or coordinating fundraising drives with Center alumni.
- Hosting reunions, both virtual and in-person.
- Developing a speaker’s bureau.
- Setting specific fundraising goals and/or coordinate fundraising drives.
- Establishing a mentor/mentee program.
- Nominating an alum to sit on The Center’s Advisory Board.
- Participating in a virtual meeting to generate additional ideas for what the Alumni Association can do.
Ideas? Questions? Contact Erika Solberg at email@example.com or (270) 745-3015