A large majority of WKU students are sexually active, and college is a time when many young adults first become sexually active. However, many of these students lack appropriate and accurate knowledge surrounding sexual health which can result in them engaging in sexual behaviors that place them at a greater risk for unintended health outcomes such as pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections (STI's), and sexual violence. In this fun and interactive presentation, our health educators talk about all things related to having better, safer sex.
By the end of this presentation, the following objectives will be met:
- Students will be able to list the most common STI's among college students.
- Students will be able to explain how STI's can negatively affect long-term health.
- Students will be challenged to debunk myths surrounding STI's and sexual health.
- Students will be able to recognize different types of contraception and barrier methods.
- Students will be able to define and express consent.
- Students will be able to correctly use a condom.
To request a presentation, click here to fill out the Presentation Request Form.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Health Education and Promotion at firstname.lastname@example.org or