We will be releasing workout videos on our Facebook while the Preston Center is closed. Videos will be released Mondays (mind body classes), Wednesdays (strength classes, with minimal or no equipment), and Fridays (cardio classes).
Stay Active at Home:
It can be challenging to get active when you’re stuck at home. Here are some tips to get moving with little to no equipment!
- No equipment? Get outside and go for a walk/jog/run! Wherever you are, there are probably paths close by that will get you out in nature and moving.
- Not a runner but want to get some cardio in? Check out our Cardio workouts on Facebook or look up a Fitness Marshall video on YouTube!
- If you’re watching Hulu (or something else that has commercials), get up during the commercials and do some body weight activities (jumping jacks, squats, planks, etc.).
- A solid list of at-home exercises (with step-by-step explanations!): https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/lifestyle/blog/6593/top-25-at-home-exercises/
- How to write your own circuit workout: https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/professional/expert-articles/5050/how-to-create-an-effective-circuit-workout/
- acefitness.org is a great resource that anyone can use! Type what you’re looking for in the search bar and find tons of resources and articles to help you stay active!
The GroupX Program is dedicated to providing fun, safe, and effective group fitness classes to WKU students, faculty and staff. Each of our offered classes are taught by trained and certified instructors who enjoy educating our participants on the latest fitness trends and techniques.
Questions or Comments?