We are excited to offer a diverse group fitness schedule for our patrons for the fall semester. Due to the “Healthy @ Work” guidelines the schedule, process and requirements on the patrons will be altered. Please review the schedule, class descriptions and policies. We will be implementing a “On-line Class Registration” process. Each class now has 18 spots, with the exception of cycle classes with 14 spots. Check out our policies and procedures before getting started!
- Click https://online.spectrumng.net/wku/
- Click “Do not have a login?” at the bottom of the login screen
- Member Number = Your WKU ID (800#)
- Create a username and password
- You will now use that login every time you login with us!
- Login to https://online.spectrumng.net/wku/
- Click “GroupX & Lap Swim”
- Select “GroupX” for the category & hit “Search”
- Click the class you want to register for and select “Enroll”
- If you want to register for more, click continue shopping. If you are done, click register.
Stay Active at Home:
It can be challenging to get active when you’re stuck at home. Here are some tips to get moving with little to no equipment!
- No equipment? Get outside and go for a walk/jog/run! Wherever you are, there are probably paths close by that will get you out in nature and moving.
- Not a runner but want to get some cardio in? Check out our Cardio workouts on Facebook or look up a Fitness Marshall video on YouTube!
- If you’re watching Hulu (or something else that has commercials), get up during the commercials and do some body weight activities (jumping jacks, squats, planks, etc.).
- A solid list of at-home exercises (with step-by-step explanations!): https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/lifestyle/blog/6593/top-25-at-home-exercises/
- How to write your own circuit workout: https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/professional/expert-articles/5050/how-to-create-an-effective-circuit-workout/
- acefitness.org is a great resource that anyone can use! Type what you’re looking for in the search bar and find tons of resources and articles to help you stay active!
The GroupX Program is dedicated to providing fun, safe, and effective group fitness classes to WKU students, faculty and staff. Each of our offered classes are taught by trained and certified instructors who enjoy educating our participants on the latest fitness trends and techniques.
Questions or Comments?