Policies & Procedures
Due to COVID-19, participants are required to register in advance for GroupX classes.
- Registration for class will open 50 hours before the start time of class. (Ex: registration for a Zumba class happeing on Wednesday at 4pm will open on Monday at 2pm).
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations should be made at least one hour before the start of class.
- Registered participants are encouraged to arrive to class 5-10 minutes prior (preferably
no earlier) to the start time of class to be checked in and get set up for the class.
Participants must wait outside of the studio until the instructor allows everyone
inside. Please form lines going toward the end of the hallway. Be sure to stay socially
distant from those around you while waiting in line.
- Your spot may be given away if you fail to arrive to class by the start time.
- Although we really encourage you to be at class early, if registered participants are running late, they may call the Preston Center front desk to notify the instructor that they are on their way. Otherwise, no registered participant will be let in to class after the start time.
- Masks must be worn by all participants at all times. The only time masks may be removed is when participants are in their designated area of space (marked with tape on the floor) and physical activity is taking place.
- Please keep at least 6 feet of distance from others when moving throughout the room.
- GroupX class sizes are currently capped at 18 participants, with the exception of our cycle classes at 14 participants.
- Participants must bring their own mat to GroupX classes.
- Participants may bring their belongings into the Dance Studio. Belongings must be placed in designated areas on the floor to maintain distance from others. Campus Recreation and Wellness Staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- After class, particiapnts are to keep the equipment they used within their personal square. Staff will clean everyone's equipment to ensure all equipment is thoroughly sanitized and safe to use for the next participant.
- Water bottles and towels are highly recommended for all classes.
- We ask that participants stay for the entire class to ensure the proper cool-down phase of class.
- Do not enter the class if you are late.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the studios, except for water in a closed plastic container.
- All participants in group fitness classes must be 14 years of age or older.
- Soft-soled, closed-toed athletic shoes are required for all cardiovascular and resistance training classes. Hard-soled, closed-toed athletic shoes or cycling shoes are recommended for all cycling classes. Shoe removal may be appropriate in yoga classes.
- All accidents, injuries, or equipment irregularities must be reported to the Building Supervisor immediately.
- All patrons must comply with staff requests. Instructors have authority over all room conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply may result in suspension of facility privileges.
- All equipment must remain in the studios. Equipment from other areas may not be brought into the studios. All equipment should be used for the manner for which it is designed.
- All Group Fitness classes are free and only require proper access to the facility.
- Campus Recreation and Wellness reserves the right to cancel any class on the basis of low attendance or registration.
- If you are new, pregnant, or have any injuries, please inform the instructor prior to class.
- Remember to always work at your own pace.
- Please turn off and put away all cell phones. Not only are they a distraction to you during your workout, but they can also be disrupting to others.