Body Image and Eating Disorders
We live in the age of social media where issues surrounding body image and eating disorders are prevelant as ever. How students feel about their own body, regardless of sex and gender identity, is crucial as they are emerging into adulthood and are experiencing the new freedoms of living away from home. A positive body image may be difficult to maintain because of the comparison, stress, and lifestyle changes associated with the college experience. The emergence of social media sites like Instagram often lead to false ideals of body types which further compound this issue for students.
In this presentation, the following objectives will be met:
- Students will be able to differentiate between body positivity and negative body image
- Students will learn about the harmful effects a negative body image has on overall well-being
- Students will be able to identify different types of eating disorders
- Students will learn skills to help themselves or peers who struggle from an eating disorder or negative body image
- Students will learn strategies and techniques to improve self-worth and self-esteem
To request a presentation, click here to fill out the Presentation Request Form.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Health Education and Promotion at email@example.com or