- Date: Friday, April 1st, 20222022-04-01
- Time: 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Location: VirtualVirtual
As part of its Q&A series, the SIAM (Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics) Student Chapter of WKU will host a nationally recognized expert in Quantitative Surveys. Joe Callender, EY Quantitative Economics and Statistics Group (EY QUEST), Ernst & Young LLP, will present Math – What are you gonna do with that? at 3:30 p.m. April 1 via Zoom.
Join us on Zoom to talk with Joe Callender
- When: Friday, April 1, 3:30pm CT
- Where: Zoom (Meeting ID: 964 0543 4290)
Math – What are you gonna do with that?
This presentation will focus on my journey from undergraduate math major to a career in quantitative surveys. It will
- explain the choices I made that led me here
- include some examples of work we do that relies on my background in mathematics
- share some economic related applications my colleagues have developed
- impart some thoughts on what students should be doing to prepare themselves for a career in a quantitative field
About the speaker: For the past 17 years Joe Callender led survey project teams providing services to clients in the areas of survey design, programming, analytics and data visualization. Relevant clients include The University of Chicago, the American Resort Development Association, Northwestern Mutual and Baker Hughes. Focus areas include industry surveys, employee engagement, and leading practice surveys. Joe Callender received M.A. in Applied Math and Operations Research, University of Maryland; B.S. in Mathematics, Howard University; member of the Institute for Operations Research and Management Science, and the co-chair of the accounting and tax section; wrote a paper on quality practices in conducting business surveys for the American Statistical Association, and presented on the same at the Joint Statistical Meetings. Joe Callender is also a SIAM Visiting Lecturer.
Contact: Dr. Ozkan Ozer, firstname.lastname@example.org