Welcome Prospective Military Students and Veterans!
WKU strives to be a military friendly institution that will provide military personnel the ability to attend WKU and receive college credit for formal courses and primary occupations offered while in the military.
WKU awards college credit based on the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide Recommendation. Active duty soldiers or military veterans will be required to submit official military transcripts prior to admission. Any soldier that is retired or discharged from the military will be required to submit a copy of the DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4 or Member Copy 2) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty of Service. The DD Form 214 must have Characterization of Service listed on the form. Documents may be sent to the Office of Admissions at the address listed below. Also, please note that you should remove your social security number from your DD214 prior to submitting it to the Office of Admissions.
- Complete an online application for admission
- Meet Admission Criteria
- Request Required Military Transcripts
- Retired or Discharged Veterans must Request DD Form 214
Documents may be sent to:
WKU Office of Admissions
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11020
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Resources for Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel
- Military Student Services
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Federal GI Bill Info
- WKU On Demand
- WKU Veterans Affairs
- WKU Veterans Upward Bound
- WKU Student Accessibility Resource Center
- Federal TRIO Programs offered at WKU
- ARMY ROTC
- Air Force ROTC
- KY Veterans Affairs
- Guide to GI Bill Benefits and Eligibility