Higher EDquity Symposium
- Date: Tuesday, November 16th, 20212021-11-16
- Time: 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Location: Downing Student UnionDowning Student Union
WKU will host the 2021 Higher EDquity Symposium, sponsored by the Council on Postsecondary Education. The 2021 symposium will focus on the components for creating a culturally competent environment for faculty, staff, and students; minimum competencies for graduating culturally competent students prepared to enter the workforce; and other emerging topics relevant to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Welcome -- Dr. Molly Kerby/Michael Crowe; Greetings – Dr. Timothy C. Caboni, WKU President; State of Higher EDquity in Kentucky -- Dr. Aaron Thompson, CPE President
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – Breakout Sessions I – Awareness Focus
- 11 a.m. – noon – Breakout Sessions II – Acknowledgement Focus
- Noon - 1 p.m. – Lunch
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Breakout Sessions III – Acceptance Focus
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. – Keynote Address – Action Focus
- 3:30 p.m.– Wrap Up/Closing Remarks – Dr. Dawn Offutt
Contact: Molly Kerby, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect With Us
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.