The students of Geography 489 Alternatives in Sustainability, along with the Greentoppers and Sustainability Champions of WKU, will be hosting a Sustainability Celebration and Raffle on Wednesday Nov. 14 in the entrance of Ogden College Hall.
All proceeds from the raffle will be awarded to local charities focused on: hunger awareness, environmental education and homeless needs. There will be activities for the public to participate which include visiting some sustainable initiatives on WKU's campus, (Parking Structure 3, PBS studios, Tree of Change and the Office of Sustainability for some fair trade hot chocolate between 2-4 that day—you can earn free raffle tickets), and sustainable lifestyle demos and samples which will include making natural toothpaste, deodorant, essential oil room spray, laundry detergent birdfeeders, compute your water & carbon footprint, plus cookies made from cricket protein! Please consider sending your students for credit as we will be swiping IDs.
Raffle tickets will be on sale until 5pm Nov. 14. Tickets are $1 each or 12 for $10. You do not have to be present to win. See list of items below. Contact Amy Nemon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-745-3082 to purchase tickets! We will come to you! See below on how to earn two free tickets.
Here is a list of items available in the raffle. Check out the Facebook event page at Sustainability Celebration & Raffle Event on Facebook
There are 14 themed baskets that include:
- Tattoo: $100 Gift card from artist Libby Northern at Permanent Paint
- Green Earth Stones Metaphysical Shop Basket $150 in items
- $100 of sustainable school supplies donated by the SGA
- Romantic Evening includes an overnight stay at The Kentucky Grand and a $30 gift card at the Derby Piano and Dessert Bar
- For Hungry People a $30 gift card to the Fatted Calf and two free entrees for Montana Grille
- Tailgating Supplies thanks to Fed Ex and Blue Holler Brew Supplies
- Automotive essentials from O’Reily’s Auto Parts
- For the Sweet Tooth a variety of gift cards to Bowling Green’s sweet shops & we might need to throw in a toothbrush!
- For the Shopper gift cards to WKU bookstore and Back Down South on the square plus an American Tradition basket
- Starbucks collection of goodies
- Office of Sustainability collection
- Wax & Cane Jewelry and Tie-dye
- GreenToppers basket of goodies
- Nutrition Basket
Would you like to earn two free raffle tickets? Visit a few WKU Sustainable Initiatives on campus Wednesday Nov. 14 from 2-4pm to do so. Here’s how: Take a small piece of paper and find the hole punch left at Parking structure 3, you will get one whole ticket for stopping here just look for the interpretive sign, and another ticket for visiting three more spots: Office of Sustainability for fair trade hot chocolate at 503 Regents just across from GRH; The PBS studios in the Academic Complex to learn how they cut their electric bill by 96%; and lastly the Tree of Change in front of Gordon Wilson before heading to Ogden College Hall where you can join the festivities and look at the raffle items!