Spring Break in France
March 29 - April 7, 2019
This program is an opportunity for eighth grade and high school honors students as well as interested adults to spend eight days learning about the history, culture, and people of France. This program, sponsored by The Center for Gifted Studies at Western Kentucky University, is designed to provide participants with a carefully structured experience. Twenty-five qualified participants will be accompanied by the program director.
The program cost is $4,100. This includes
- Roundtrip airfare from Nashville, TN
- Accommodations in double rooms in 4 star hotels (an adult may request a single room for an additional charge)
- Breakfast each day at the hotel
- Admission to historic sites, museums, and other points of interest listed on the itinerary
- Travel by motor coach for excursions
The cost is subject to increase should there be changes in airfares, monetary exchange rates, or service costs that are not now anticipated. The itinerary is subject to minor changes insofar as the daily activities are concerned.
All travelers must be able to participate in normal physical activities. In addition, student applications must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment in the eighth grade, freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school;
- Involvement in high school honors or gifted services; and
- Two signatures from teachers, counselors, principals, and/or G/T coordinators recommending participation.
A copy of the information page of the passport and a nonrefundable deposit of $500 are due with the application. Eligible participants will be admitted to the program in the order in which applications are received. The deposit will be returned if the study tour has reached capacity.
- $500 deposit and a passport-size photograph are due with application
- $1,800 payment due: February 1, 2019
- $1,800 payment due: March 1, 2019
Applications and requests for further information should be sent to: