Registration has been filled. If you have any questions, contact Jennifer Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Launch Plus is a federal grant focusing on talent development for young people of high ability (90th percentile in at least one subject area) who live within three hours of WKU. These students have had limited opportunities in the past due to financial challenges or living in a rural setting that has previously prevented them from participating in enrichment programs. The grant is designed to provide the opportunity for those who otherwise could not afford to participate.
The grant covers the cost of all above-level assessments, score results and interpretations, the residential camp, and all online experiences and information provided to students and families.
What opportunities will sixth graders have for talent development?
- An above-level assessment with educational recommendations for parents and educators
- Camp Discover – a one-week residential camp at WKU July 8 - 13, 2024. Read more about Camp Discover at our Camp Blog
- Virtual Discovery – Two weeks of online learning (around three hours per week at students' own pace) before or after Camp Discover
- Research-based information emailed to parents on topics to help support their children
Project Launch Plus has a research design that requires randomly selecting half of the sixth graders in the grant to participate in Camp Discover and Virtual Discovery.
What are the benefits for a school from Project Launch Plus?
- Recognition of students as being on the path to talent development
- Above-level assessment results and recommended services in science, mathematics, English, and reading for all participants at no cost
- An increased interest in talent development that can be supported by The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Learn more about Camp Discover and Project Launch Plus