Performance Development FY 2022
- Monday, July 19th, 2021
The WKU Performance Development cycle for staff employees has transitioned to a Fiscal Year calendar. As the 2021 Fiscal Year has ended, we look forward to Fiscal Year 2022 goal setting and performance conversations. While WKU Human Resources continues work on a new Performance Development Program, it remains important for employees and supervisors to engage in conversations concerning successes and opportunities relative to job performance and employee development. Conversations should also focus on goals and action plans for the new fiscal year, each being aligned with the respective unit/division's strategic plan and/or the WKU Strategic Plan as well as each employee’s personal and professional goals. The expectations for FY 2022 performance development process is as follows:
Steps to Complete FY 2022 process:
- Staff employees should complete the Performance Development Reflection and Goal Setting (FY 2022) found on the WKU E-Signature site.
- Once all sections have been completed, email the document to your supervisor.
- Your supervisor will add comments to the “Supervisor Comments” box and then return a copy to you and a copy to Human Resources (email@example.com) for filing.
- Your staff members should be aware of departmental goals and projects before they begin their Performance Development Reflection and Goal Setting worksheet so they may include personal goals that align.
- Set a deadline for your staff members to return their form to you.
- After receiving your employee(s) form(s) schedule one-on-one conversations with each staff member to review and discuss the content of their form.
- Immediately following your one-on-one conversation, add a summary of your discussion in the “Supervisor Comments” section of your employee(s) form.
- Submit a final copy to yourself, your employee, and Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Schedule periodic check ins with each employee to discuss progress on goals, opportunities for continued success as well as to recognize and celebrate accomplishments.
- Final forms should be submitted to Human Resources (email@example.com) by September 30, 2021.
- To assist with this process, Human Resources has put together samples, resources, and guidance for this process on our Performance Conversations website.
- For questions, contact Sondra Humphries- Training and Communication Specialist- firstname.lastname@example.org