WKU to recognize fall graduates at ceremonies Dec. 15
- Author: WKU News
- Author: Monday, December 3rd, 2018
WKU’s five academic colleges will recognize more than 1,400 fall graduates in ceremonies on Dec. 15.
During the daylong special recognition ceremonies at Diddle Arena, WKU will confer degrees to 1,418 graduates – 11 doctoral, 255 master’s, 967 bachelor’s and 67 associate degrees and 79 undergraduate and 39 graduate certificates.
The schedule for Dec. 15 recognition ceremonies is as follows:
- 8 a.m.: Gordon Ford College of Business
- 10:30 a.m.: Potter College of Arts & Letters
- 1 p.m.: Ogden College of Science and Engineering
- 3:30 p.m.: College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- 6 p.m.: College of Health and Human Services
Ceremonies will include the ceremonial conferral of degrees, remarks from college deans, recognition of scholars and commissioning of WKU ROTC cadets. The graduates also will be individually recognized and shake hands with President Timothy C. Caboni. The fall graduates will be encouraged to participate in Topper Walk on as part of WKU’s 185th Commencement ceremony on May 10.
Emilie Gill, an art history and visual studies double major from Allensville, will be recognized as the Ogden Foundation Scholar during the Potter College of Arts & Letters ceremony. WKU’s top undergraduate academic award is presented to one graduating baccalaureate degree senior who has demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and outstanding university and civic engagement.
Other December ceremonies include:
- International Graduation Reception, 5 p.m. Dec. 12, Mahurin Honors College/International Center multipurpose room.
- WKU Glasgow Graduand Ceremony, 5 p.m. Dec. 13 at WKU Glasgow, 500 Hilltopper Way.
- WKU ROTC Commissioning, 3 p.m. Dec. 14 at Diddle Arena.
- Cynthia & George Nichols III Intercultural Student Engagement Center (ISEC) Graduation Celebration, 6 p.m. Dec. 14 at Downing Student Union Auditorium.
For information about the December ceremonies, visit https://www.wku.edu/commencement/
Contact: Registrar, (270) 745-3351