Today@WKU: January 25, 2018
- WKU News
- Thursday, January 25th, 2018
Welcome to Today@WKU, the daily newsletter from WKU Public Affairs, for January 25, 2018.
- Students to present research at 2018 Posters-at-the-Capitol: Twenty-four WKU students, including 10 from The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science, will present their research at the 2018 Posters-at-the-Capitol event Feb. 8 in Frankfort.
- 2018 Winter Weather Communications Plan: Check out a reminder about WKU’s winter weather communications plan that provides a number of ways you can find out if classes are delayed, canceled or if a campus is closed.
- WKU Public Radio Weekday Newscast Schedule: Tune into WKU Public Radio for national and international news from NPR, and local newscasts every half hour during Morning Edition (4-9 a.m. Central), and All Things Considered (3-6 p.m. Central), as well as local news features and interviews produced by the WKU news staff. WKU's Public Radio can be heard on WKYU-FM (88.9) in Bowling Green/Glasgow; WDCL-FM (89.7) in Somerset/Campbellsville; WKPB-FM (88.9) in Henderson/Owensboro; WKUE-FM (90.9) in Elizabethtown/Bardstown; and online at http://www.wkyufm.org/
- Football: Former WKU Tight End Deon Yelder Added to Senior Bowl Roster: After competing in last Saturday's NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, former WKU tight end Deon Yelder is headed back across the country as a roster addition to the South team at the 2018 Senior Bowl in Mobile. Yelder joins former WKU quarterback Mike White on the South team roster and gives the Hilltoppers multiple participants in the game for the second-straight year after Taywan Taylor and Forrest Lamp participated last year. The Senior Bowl will begin at 1:30 p.m. Saturday; the NFL Network will air the game live.
- Stansbury calls for another big crowd Saturday vs. Marshall: E.A. Diddle Arena was packed Saturday with its biggest crowd in 15 years. Officials said 7,759 fans showed up to watch WKU lose 66-62 to Middle Tennessee. Now coach Rick Stansbury wants another big attendance number this week when his team hosts Marshall. The Hilltoppers (14-6 overall, 6-1 Conference USA) and Thundering Herd (14-6, 5-2) will meet at 6 p.m. Saturday in Diddle Arena.
More: Check out WKU in the News page.
- Upcoming WKU Alumni events: For a listing of events, visit the Alumni website and click on the Events Calendar. Or contact the WKU Alumni Association at 888-958-2586. For a list of Alumni news, visit the Alumni News page. More: WKU SpiritFunder
- Topper Travelers Program 2018: The WKU Alumni Association is planning a Baltic Cruise across Northern Europe June 21-July 2. The 10-night cruise across the Baltic Sea aboard Marina will begin in Copenhagen, Denmark, with stops in Berlin, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; and Stockholm, Sweden. For information, visit alumni.wku.edu/baltic2018 or contact the Alumni Association at 800-842-9023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More: Visit the WKU Alumni website.
- Exhibits at Kentucky Museum: Instruments of American Excellence; A Culture Carried: Bosnians in Bowling Green (through June 30); Kaleidoscope: Kentucky Museum Quilts; New Kentuckians (through Feb. 2); plus other gallery and on-campus exhibits. (Museum hours/visitor information) Contact Kentucky Museum, (270) 745-2592.
- Exhibits at Downing Museum: The Story of Joe Downing: Select Works From the Collection. Downing Museum, 4801 Morgantown Road. Contact Jack LeSieur, (270) 842-7415.
- International Year of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Various events and locations during 2017-18 academic year. Contact International Programs, (270) 745-5334.
- Arts at WKU 2017-2018. Various events and locations. Contact Potter College of Arts & Letters, (270) 745-2344.
- Photographic Exhibition: Bosnia and Herzegovina: Then and Now. Jan. 31-April 13. Jody Richards Hall Gallery. Contact Tim Broekema, (270) 745-3055.
- Art Exhibition: Proof of Existence: An Exhibit of Work by Contemporary Artists of Bosnian and Balkan Origin. Through April 6. Contact Art, (270) 745-3944.
Thursday, Jan. 25
- 3 p.m.: WKU Honors Band Clinic. Rescheduled from Jan. 18-20. Music Hall, Ivan Wilson Fine Arts Center and other locations. Contact Gary Schallert, (270) 745-5893.
- 7 p.m.: Hardin Planetarium Show: Musica. Hardin Planetarium. Contact Planetarium, (270) 745-4044.
Friday, Jan. 26
- 8:30 a.m.: WKU Honors Band Clinic. Rescheduled from Jan. 19. Music Hall, Ivan Wilson Fine Arts Center and other locations. Contact Gary Schallert, (270) 745-5893.
- 9 a.m.: Board of Regents Committee Meetings. Martin Regents Room, Jody Richards Hall. Contact Bob Skipper, (270) 745-4295.
- 8 p.m.: PRISM Concert. Rescheduled from Jan. 19. Van Meter Hall. Admission is $15; $8 for students. Contact Music, (270) 745-3751.
Saturday, Jan. 27
- 11 a.m.: WKU Honors Band Clinic Concert. Rescheduled from Jan. 20. Van Meter Hall. Contact Gary Schallert, (270) 745-5893.
- 6 p.m.: Hilltopper Basketball vs. Marshall. Diddle Arena. Contact Athletic Communications, (270) 745-4298.
Sunday, Jan. 28
- Today@WKU is a service of WKU Public Affairs. For more from WKU News, become a WKU Facebook fan, follow us on Twitter, visit the WKU News page, or check out What's Happening @WKU, “View from the Hill” segments, more News from Around Campus, WKU on You Tube or WKU webcams. Email us at email@example.com