Planning Your Visit
The Kentucky Museum is on the campus of Western Kentucky University. The Museum is home to fascinating collections and exhibitions of art and artifacts. Please check the open and close dates of any exhibitions as you plan your visit. The Museum Calendar lists exhibits and programs on a daily basis. If you have visitor or parking concerns not addressed on this page please call 270-745-2592.
OPEN: Monday - Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm
CLOSED: Sundays & University Holidays
- Saturday, September 23rd, Maintenance
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday, November 22nd - Saturday, November 25th
- Winter Break: Monday, December 18th - Friday, December 29th
- New Year's Day: Monday, January 1st
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Monday, January 15
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 28
- WKU Student, Faculty and Staff with current ID
- Kentucky Museum Friends
- Children under 6 years of age
- Children 6 - 16
- Seniors 60 and over
LOCATION: 1444 Kentucky Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101
DIRECTIONS & PARKING: There is dedicated visitor parking adjacent to the Museum in the Kentucky Museum Lot with additional parking across the street in the Adams Street Lot in spaces marked with KY Visitor Signs. Visitors must sign in their vehicle with the clerk in the Museum lobby. Museum Directions and Parking information. Special event signs will be posted to direct over-flow parking to the Kentucky Street Lot.
MUSEUM TOURS: Visitors may take a self-guided tour during regular Museum hours with museum docents available to answer questions and give insight about our exhibits. Visitors generally spend 1.5 hours at a leisurely pace. If you are coming with a group please see the options below.
Western Kentucky University
1444 Kentucky St.
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Directions & Parking
Visitors may park in the KY Museum lot, adjacent to the Museum with additional parking across the street in the Adams Street Lot in spaces marked with KY Museum Visitor signs. Visitors must sign their vehicle in with the clerk in the Museum lobby.
- Printable Directions, Map and Parking Information
- Special event signs will be posted for overflow parking in the Kentucky Street Lot.
The Museum is accessible for visitors with disabilities. If special needs are a concern please call 270-745-2592.
- Parking: accessible parking in the KY Museum lot.
- Elevator provides access to the 3rd and ground floors.
Museum Visitor Survey
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,