Manager of AKA's Leadership Development (LD) platform will be part of the senior management team of Advantage Kentucky Alliance (AKA) following training standards, developing and managing LD team, and working to improve quality, product services and efficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing AKA's LD Platform including vetting and identifying LD programs, managing KPI's of delivery personnel, delivering BD platform content to clients, and ensuring delivery and client service engagements meet AKA's standards.
Responsibilities include supporting the Assistant Director with the development, management, and growth of AKA's LD Platform; continuous improvement of AKA's LD programming, manage delivery personnel, and ensuring quality and performance measures. Carry out supervisory and service delivery responsibilities in accordance with WKU's policies and applicable laws. Position will engage and communicate frequently with AKA clients and partners. The job location can work remotely, but will have extensive in-state and periodic out-of-state travel, including overnight stays.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based on administration discretion and institutional needs.
- Work with Assistant Director to develop, analyze and evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to ensure LD personnel are supporting business strategies, programs, and needs of clients;
- Develop and deliver LD platform content to clients using both face-to-face and virtual mediums
- Develop, maintain, and manage 3rd party delivery relations per MOU's;
- Reconcile supplier invoices to services delivered;
- Recruit, interview, and make decisions on LD platform;
- Support NIST MEP initiatives as applicable;
- Initiate and maintain client relations;
- Position will be required to have reliable transportation and appropriate automotive insurance with active driver's license; and
- Required travel as necessary for meetings, discussions, engagements and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of business experience
- Experience in Leadership Development activities; change management, personal leadership development, executive training, and overall strategic planning
- Experience providing LD expertise to businesses including activities such as training, coaching, and mentoring
- 3 years' experience working with multiple clients delivering services
- 3 years' experience managing direct reports
- 5 years' experience working with manufacturers and business executives
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is committed to a policy and practice of providing equal employment and educational opportunities to all individuals. In accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, no form of discrimination or harassment will be tolerated at WKU on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services (EEO). To request an accommodation, report/express a complaint, or ask questions regarding WKU''s Discrimination and Harassment Policy (#0.2040), please contact Mr. Joshua Hayes, EEO Director/Title IX Investigator/University ADA Coordinator, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (270) 745-5121.
The University is also required to investigate complaints of sex and gender-based harassment, also a form of discrimination, and has designated the Title IX Coordinator as the individual responsible for coordinating the investigation and response to such complaints. The Title IX Coordinator for the University is Ms. Deborah Wilkins, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (270) 745-5396. Additional information regarding Title IX is accessible via WKU''s https://www.wku.edu/titleix/ website.
Information concerning educational programs offered by WKU are provided at: http://www.wku.edu/atwku/academics.php