The Application Programmer/Analyst plays a pivotal role in providing primary support for data collection, reporting initiatives, and the implementation of Ellucian Banner, WKU's enterprise resource planning software, as well as other third-party systems. The Programmer/Analyst's responsibilities encompass a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Conducting data analysis
- Generating data files to facilitate third-party integrations
- Creating reports to support various administrative functions
In addition to these duties, the role involves collaborating with customers to comprehensively understand and optimize their business processes. The objective is to enhance office efficiency and effectiveness through the utilization of existing software systems. The specific duties may evolve over time, reflecting management discretion and institutional needs.
Where you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with project management, co-workers and customers to provide functional and technical expertise to implement efficiencies and improvements. The process will include business process analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Provide functional and technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs, processes and reporting.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs to meet new requirements.
- Programming development and maintenance to provide needed information to customer base for administrative decision-making.
- Troubleshoot errors and issues encountered by customers and provide resolutions.
- Create test transactions and run tests to find errors and confirm programs meets specifications.
- Write and maintain documentation of changes to programming code, processes, and functional specifications.
- Create and update ticket-tracking system with required information.
What you will need to be successful:
- Must be a self-starter and motivated to move projects forward.
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Proficiency in PL/SQL programming
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, and vendors.
- Excellent decision-making, time-management, and planning skills
- Effective skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment.
- Experience with enterprise level databases and reporting tools (Oracle, Crystal Reports)
- Experience with enterprise resource planning software, specifically Ellucian Banner
What you will gain in work-life balance:
We offer a healthy work-life balance with opportunities including work from home, flex time and compressed workweek opportunities. WKU offers a competitive benefits package. The university offers generous paid time off including standard holidays, with additional closures during Spring Break, Fall Break and the Winter/Christmas break for a total of 23 paid holidays in addition to vacation and sick leave. We also enjoy a reduced hours per week summer schedule that contributes to our work-life balance. WKU also offers an educational benefit for employees, spouses and dependent children. For a full list of benefits visit https://www.wku.edu/hr/. Job Requirements:
- A four-year college degree
- Demonstrable experience using SQL (Programmer Analyst I)
- At least five years experience using SQL in an enterprise environment (Programmer Analyst II)
Application Programmer / Analyst I $58,000 - $64,000
Application Programmer / Analyst II $65,000 - $72,000
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is committed to a policy and practice of providing equal employment and educational opportunities to all individuals. In accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, no form of discrimination or harassment will be tolerated at WKU on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Institutional Equity. To request an accommodation, report a complaint, or ask questions regarding WKU's Discrimination and Harassment Policy (#0.2040), please contact Ms. Ena Demir, Executive Director/Title IX Coordinator via email at email@example.com or by phone at (270) 745-6867. Ms. Demir is also responsible for coordinating the University's response to complaints related to sex and gender harassment. Additional information regarding Title IX is accessible via WKU's https://www.wku.edu/titleix/ website.
Information concerning educational programs offered by WKU are provided at: http://www.wku.edu/atwku/academics.php
For information related to job postings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.