The Carol Martin Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky at WKU seeks qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Director, Admissions and Public Relations. The Gatton Academy is a public residential STEM high school program, established and funded by the Kentucky legislature, on the campus of Western Kentucky University. Students complete their last two years of high school and earn at least 60 hours of college credit. This is a 12-month position and reports to the Director of Gatton.
Gatton Academy staff and administrators are officially employees of Western Kentucky University. WKU is located in Bowling Green, Kentucky, which is approximately 70 miles north of Nashville, Tennessee, and 110 miles south of Louisville, Kentucky.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Manage all aspects of The Gatton Academy's recruitment of prospective students statewide.
- Build and maintain relationships with school personnel statewide.
- Organize, travel to, and conduct recruitment events statewide.
- Collaborate with other programs and schools to jointly schedule recruitment events.
- Plan and execute prospective student Preview Days.
- Communicate with prospective students & families.
- It is important to note these responsibilities result in extensive travel statewide especially in the fall.
- Manage all aspects of The Gatton Academy's admissions process.
- Manage the electronic application process.
- Plan and execute Interview Day and Orientation Day.
- Manage the data flow for admissions review and decisions.
- Communicate with applicants and their families throughout the process.
- Manage permissions for publicity regarding admissions.
- Manage all aspects of The Gatton Academy's marketing and branding, including social media and public relations.
- Coordinate and execute all branding and marketing.
- Produce and curate all social media content for Gatton Academy channels.
- Maintain and update the Gatton Academy website.
- Produce and edit all press releases.
- Collaborate with WKU Public Affairs and WKU marketing teams.
- Interact with local, state, and national media sources to publicize the Gatton Academy
- Create communication lines to inform constituents regularly of the activities, opportunities, and celebrations of the Gatton Academy.
- Provide direct support to students in leadership roles (Gatton Academy Avatars), on study abroad programs, and as part of the Gatton leadership team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with gifted students strongly preferred
- Master's degree in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing, a STEM area, or related fields
- Experience in recruitment and/or public relations
- Superb and demonstrable writing skills
- Experience developing and maintaining websites using content management systems
Compensation and Benefits:
- 12-month position
- Professional development within Gatton and the University at-large.
- Salary range of $50,000 to $56,000 annually, with benefits package including options for medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, partial University tuition waiver, University Bookstore discount, and reduced price membership to the University's health and fitness facility.
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is committed to a policy and practice of providing equal employment and educational opportunities to all individuals. In accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, no form of discrimination or harassment will be tolerated at WKU on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services (EEO). To request an accommodation, report/express a complaint, or ask questions regarding WKU''s Discrimination and Harassment Policy (#0.2040), please contact Mr. Joshua Hayes, EEO Director/Title IX Investigator/University ADA Coordinator, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (270) 745-5121.
The University is also required to investigate complaints of sex and gender-based harassment, also a form of discrimination, and has designated the Title IX Coordinator as the individual responsible for coordinating the investigation and response to such complaints. The Title IX Coordinator for the University is Ms. Andrea Anderson, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (270) 745-5398. Additional information regarding Title IX is accessible via WKU''s https://www.wku.edu/titleix/ website.
Information concerning educational programs offered by WKU are provided at: http://www.wku.edu/atwku/academics.php