Updates from the Provost
- Author: Monday, March 11th, 2019
In just over a week, we will officially bid a fond farewell to winter and extend an enthusiastic welcome to spring! Over the coming weeks, we’ll also be welcoming some new additions to our WKU family and wishing others much success in their new roles.
Following are some important Academic Affairs personnel updates:
- Candidates for the Gordon Ford College of Business (GFCB) Dean search will be on campus this week: March 11, 13, 14 & 15.
- Candidates for the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) Dean search will be on campus during the period of March 18-25.
- Please check your e-mail for important announcements and updates.
Office of the Registrar
- I am pleased to announce that Ms. Jennifer Hammonds will join WKU June 1 as our next University Registrar. Ms. Hammonds served as the Registrar for Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio since 2016 and as Associate Registrar from 2006-2016. I would like to thank the search committee and Dr. Danita Kelley (chair) for conducting an excellent search.
Office of the Provost
- Dr. Jim Berger, Professor, Educational Administration, Leadership and Research, is now serving as WKU’s SACSCOC Liaison since March 1. Dr. Berger has been with WKU since 2001 and has worked in multiple capacities. He will assist the Office of the Provost and the Division of Academic Affairs in all things SACSCOC related over the next few months.
- Dr. Rheanna Plemons begins her work as the next Special Assistant to the Provost on July 1. Dr. Plemons has been with WKU since 2005, and is currently serving as the interim University Registrar. Dr. Plemons will provide oversight and assistance with facilitating the processes surrounding curricular related actions, academic policies, academic space, and academic complaints.
- Dr. Merrall Price will serve as the Associate Dean for the Potter College of Arts and Letters effective July 1. Dr. Price joined WKU in 2011. She served as Associate Dean for University College from 2011-2018. Her work as Special Assistant to the Provost this academic year is greatly appreciated, particularly her many contributions to the CAPE process.
- Thanks to his excellent leadership, Dr. Marko Dumančić will transfer from interim director to Director for the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning effective April 1.
- A search will soon be underway for the vacant associate vice president position.
- Ms. Candice Tope-Phillips, Staff Specialist and Events Coordinator, ended her employment with WKU effective March 8 to pursue an opportunity with the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts in Frankfort. She will be missed and we wish her all the best in her future endeavors. In the interim, please contact Dr. Amber Scott Belt for all things related to faculty credentialing, SIAs and events, Ms. Jessica Gilland for all things related to part-time faculty tuition waivers and Form 16’s, and Ms. Jessica Steenbergen for scheduling conference rooms WAB 208 and WAB 227 (Ms. Ryanne Gregory and Ms. Laura Burchfield can also schedule WAB 208).
Thank you for your continued efforts in service of our students.