Retiring June 30th?
- Thursday, February 15th, 2018
Recognizing that some employees have already made decisions concerning a July 1, 2018 retirement effective date with KTRS, we would encourage you to initiate the KTRS retirement process no later than April 1st. The KTRS required application and supporting documentation must be turned in to KTRS by June 1, 2018. Below is a step by step guide for completing the KTRS retirement process:
- Notify your department in writing of your retirement intentions so they may begin the required personnel action forms.
- If you plan to teach under the Transitional Retirement Program (TRP) or return to work in an administrative position on a 100 day contract, you will discuss this with your Department Head, Dean, and the Provost’s Office.
- You may use the KTRS employee self-service portal to complete the retirement process electronically and eliminate steps 4, 5 & 6 below. Click on the following link to access the KTRS Pathway member portal: https://mss.trs.ky.gov/PathwayMSS/wfmLoginE.aspx (NOTE: If you do not already have an account you must have your KTRS Member ID in order to register as a new user).
- Contact Kari Aikins to request KTRS mail you a benefit calculation and application packet to your home address.
- Once you receive the package, schedule a meeting with Kari Aikins to complete the required information on pages 5 and 6 of the application.
- The prospective retiree will leave the application with Human Resources and will be notified when the packet is complete. (Allow 7 - 10 days for HR and Payroll to complete the necessary information)
Required documents: Copies of your Certified Birth Certificate, Marriage License, copy of retiree’s Social Security Card and Beneficiary Birth Certificate and address information.
Note: Those individuals age 65+ will need to contact the Social Security Administration to apply for Medicare Part A & B. The Medicare card is required for the retiree health insurance enrollment application.
Please feel free to contact Kari Aikins at ext. 5-5346 if you have any questions about the retirement process or wish to set up a consultation.